Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just noticed something today that may help some of you.

As I posted earlier in the week, the drivers posted by HP earlier in the week fixed my HDMI issues. However, today in the Catalyst Control Center I clicked the option to enable 10-bit pixel format support. In Windows 8.1 I had no issue turning this option on. When I turned it on today, my laptop > HDMI > TV connection would no longer work. I had the same issues I had prior to installing the drivers from HP.

I disabled the option and now the HDMI connection works again.

Now that I think back, I think this may have been my issue all along. And it may be the issue for some of you as well. 

Make sure the 10-bit pixel format support is not enabled. You have to restart your computer after disabling it.

HP Recommended

nice work dmat86.

i see a new driver for dv6-3240ca as well.

will upgrade again and try it out.

wish there was a way to try it out before upgrading !

hope it doesnt fail.

will see if ur fix is available and works as well.

HP Recommended

I'm back on Win 7 yet again following a Windows Upgrade under Win 10 that looked promising but actually resulted in a inoperable Win 10 on reboot, flashing purple screen.

Until HP actually posts Win 10 graphics drivers for my Envy 14 Notebook model,  VX778AAR, I'm not going there again....

HP Recommended

benvious, did you use updated windows 7 drivers then? most windows 7 drivers have an august 2015 version now.

no windows 10 drivers at all though.

if ur laptop didnt work with updated august 2015 windows 7 drivers then mine wont either i think.

HP Recommended

jeg har det samme problem 

hvordan får jeg løst det og får min tv hdmi til at virke igen

HP Recommended

Hi Dmat

Thanks for contributing to this forum.

My Laptop details as given below :

HP Pavilion DV6-3006tx entertainment Notebook PC
Product Number:   WW961PA

Do you thinks, it is worth waiting for the update or should I change the Laptop.

I tried most of the options which were discussed in this forum.

HP Recommended

Hi Folks,

After spending a couple weeks struggling with this problem - - - I am so done with HP and AMD/ATI - - - someone posted this on the MS Answers forum - the file mentioned for the 12.10 driver package worked for me and restored my HDMI port to operation... IT WORKED !!!

My Machine: (HP Envy 14 XQ101AV) with the AMD/ATI 5650 Mobility Card.

You want to disable automatic driver updates as well...

http://www2.ati.com/Drivers/mobile/12-10_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql_net4.exe

So I have a working switchable driver for first Gen Intel and AMD 5xxx series

more recent(2012)  

Recent is an understatement. 

Download but don't install yet

http://www2.ati.com/Drivers/mobile/12-10_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql_net4.exe

Before you install make sure to use an uninstaller program such as Guru3d.com DDU

1) Run DDU and boot into safe mode(DDU will reboot automatically)

2) Uninstall all AMD and INTEL drivers(DDU will reboot

3) Now install 12.10 version drivers in compatibility mode for Windows 7 with Administrator Rights. 

Reboot.

Everything works accept can't adjust brightness while using AMD card.

HP, AMD, Intel and MSoft some class action deliverance!

Thanks for NOTHING Hewlett Packard !!!

Regards,
Scott

HP Recommended

Congrulations with the result! 

Unfortunately it does not work for me, having a different hardware configuration. I'm back on Win 7 now, getting many updates since,  running fine. Hope there wiil be a solution in the future...

HP Recommended

Same for me... the only problem was returning back to an OEM version doesn't work either because HP no longer supports users who paid for an earlier operating system upgrade. Why in my case.... because I upgraded by base windows with their Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade (straight from HP).  

I don't know how Win 10 can make blanket claims that it's easy to restore Win 7 when HP hasn't  developed a platform to support their claim.

My advise, none of this has been thought out by AMD, HP or Microsoft to the extent that the users legacy drivers are a concern. The only concern here is supporting a platform change to boost the industry revenues and to consider failures as colateral damage.

It's foolish to consider upgrading to Win 10 if your machine (drivers) is older than 3 years old. Buyer beware... nothing is truely FREE! 

HP Recommended

Gov-Oz it's hard to say. But right now it looks like they have been slow to release W10 drivers for older models.

Do you have an option for 10-bit pixel format support in your Catalyst Control Center? And is it currently turned on?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.