cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
davidordato
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post

hp compaq 6730b power problem

HP Recommended

Hi.

I have recently bought an A/C adapter for my laptop and I have this problem.. well when the laptop is off the battery led is on and the battery is charging but when I turn on the laptop somehow the the adapter doesn't works and on the tray it shows me that it is not on charge... Can someone explain me why this is happening and what is the best solution??? 

13 REPLIES 13
Pankay
Level 8
Level 8
2,055 2,044 104 407
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disconnect all the peripherals and the battery and press and hold the Power button for 20 seconds.

Update BIOS for your notebook...

Perform the following steps:

• Click Start and type device in the search field, then select Device Manager.
  • Expand the Batteries category.
  • Under the Batteries category, right-click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall.

Warning: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.

• On the Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes.

Alternately, select Action > Scan for hardware changes.

||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
davidordato
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MAN I dont understand anything... what do I do first?? The device manger thing or the other???

Pankay
Level 8
Level 8
2,055 2,044 104 407
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

perform the steps as listed in order... Hard Reset...

BIOS Update then Device manager step...

||

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
davidordato
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

man how do I disable the parapherals??

Pankay
Level 8
Level 8
2,055 2,044 104 407
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wrote to disconnect the peripherals..

if you have connected any other devices on your computer then please remove them ... AC adapter, the battery and all the devices........

||

davidordato
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how do I do hard reset ... If I knew all that staff I wouldnt GET IN THE TROUBLE TO ASK SOMEONES HELP!!!

Pankay
Level 8
Level 8
2,055 2,044 104 407
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am really sorry David!

the first step i asked you to do is called hard reset

remove the battery, other peripherals and the AC adapter... press and hold the power button for 20 seconds... plug the AC adapter only and turn on the notebook....

Skip the step to update the BIOS as it is not available for your notebook...

then perform the Device Manager steps as instructed above

||

davidordato
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

look I realy appreciate that you are trying to help but if I disable the batery the laptop wont turn on ... and I tried the 20 seconds thing but nothing..

Pankay
Level 8
Level 8
2,055 2,044 104 407
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

have you tried as it is instructed???

you will need to try to turn on the laptop with the AC adapter only by removing the battery....

||

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation