Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When I boot up my Mini 110, Windows asked my account for a password.  I forgot the right password.  

Somehow, I could not find how I can reset my Mini 110 to factory setting.  It seems HP had never given any Recovery Disks.  Can someone tell me how to reset my Mini 110 to factory setting. 

Tony

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Tony,

You could reset the current Admin password using the free utility on the followng link - this can be created on a disc or usb drive.

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

Regarding resetting the notebook to its 'Factory Condition', shutdown the notebook and then tap away at f11 as soon as you press the power button to see if this will launch Recovery Manager.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks for the kind reply.

Running the bootable USB from pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd has no effect. The Mini 110 continued to boot from the harddisk.

Tapping F11 has no effect as the hardisk contniued to boot normally. 

Furthermore, tapping F8 for the Safe Mode is also useless because the Mini 110 continued to boot normally. 

Feel frustating! 

HP Recommended

I do not find the reply for my query!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Is the notebook able to detect any bootable media?

Try the following.

Shutdown the notebook.

Tap away at the esc key as soon as you press the power button and see if this will launch the Start-up Menu.

If it does, insert the usb drive containing the password reset app.

Select the Boot Options menu ( f9 ), use the arrow keys to highlight the usb flash drive and hit enter - if you're prompted to 'Press any key to continue.....', do so.

Any change or does it still load straight into windows?

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.