Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Cloud_Strider (or anyone at HP),

I am a disabled vetran who was using this computer for my GI Bill sponsored engineering school and didn't have the option of downtimeor extra money. I have the exact same problem as everybody else here and when it started HP refused to acknoledge this issue and by the time others started having the problem my warranty was expired. I used the re-flow machine in my university's electrical lab and reassembled the heatsink using an aftermarket copper sink spacer instead of the crappy blue foam that was OEM, this worked for a few months but now I'm back to the same old problem of having an $1800 convertible laptop (custom HP branded paperweight) sitting in a box for the last 6 months and no money or motivation to replace it with another HP converitble with less power and probably the same issues. 

Any possibility of getting some assistance or am I just out of luck? This recently came up again when my VA rep asked how I liked this computer and if I would recommend HP convertible notebooks for others veterans in VA education programs.

Thank you.

HP Recommended
Having all the same problems as everyone else has listed above and I would like for hp to do something about this... I spent way too much money on your products to get less than a year and half out of it! Very disappointed consumer!!!
HP Recommended
I have a problem with my Hp touchsmart tx 2,i turn on ,the light are on but the screen is black.i put the vga cable but ther's no signal plz help me
HP Recommended

Same problem here.....we own two of them.  Mine still working fine, but my wife's started not booting up about 2 months ago.  Comes on, black screen, blinking caps light....windows logo never comes up.

Sometimes if you shut it off, turn it on, shut it off, turn it on, etc about 30-45 times in a row it will occasionally boot up (thankfully.....was able to back up her thousands of family pictures to an external hard drive).

Ridiculous for how much we paid for these brand new 4 years ago.  It would be less of a complaint if it wasn't such a hassle to sync an iphone/ipad to a new computer.  But we will probably never buy HP computers again due to this.

HP Recommended

My HP Touchsmart Tx2's GPU crapped out at about 1year 2 months after purchase. I thought it was terrible that the warrentee lapsed and shortly after the unit failed. I was reluctant to try the "easy bake your HP" solution as I was more concerned with regaining my data and finishing my studies at University. Now a few years after I'm done school and tried to reflow the mother board with no luck and I'm pretty much ready to call it a 1200$ loss and toss the laptop in the recycling bin. 

I was always a fan of HP ...this was my third HP laptop with the other 2 still working like the day I bought them ...but because of this and the unhelpfulness of HP especially when I needed the laptop the most ...i will never buy another and its pretty sad to say.

Currently I've made the switch to a Macbook Pro (after 30 years of being a loyal PC user) and I tell ya its like living in a dreamworld especially with the Parallels PC emulator installed! 🙂

So long HP ...sincerely,

Once bitten twice shy.

HP Recommended

Hi, I am another to add to the list of the blank screen, no start up, two lights blinking issue.  I guess it took so long because i hardly use it.  Please help me with what to do to resolve this matter.  I did the hair dryer thing and it worked, but i shouldnt have to carry an hair dryer with my laptop

HP Recommended
I can not get this youtube link to work? Please help
HP Recommended
I have the same black screen problem with my tx2 and tried all recommended ways to fix it but not possible. It looks like I have to buy another PC but the next one will definitely not an Hp. It is ridiculous how Hp has cheated us to spend $1000+ which only last for around 2 years.
HP Recommended
Yes, same troubling issue here (among other issues with the unit!) just about a year after I purchased a touchsmart tx2 1370! What a disaster. I've gone through the blow dryer fix once now and shall attempt again now that it's failed yet again after a handful of boots over the course of about a month with minimal usage.

I'm a 50+ year old woman who will absolutely never ever purchase an HP product again in my life. I've been around computing since the early days and this company has disintegrated.

Buy a Toshiba. I've always been satisfied with the Satellite models. What the hell was I thinking when I bought this piece of crap... Must have been distracted by the fancy bells and whistles which I never used anyhow! Stick with the brands you know and trust.

HP should be ashamed of themselves.... This kind of corporate philosophy has already ruined the products, the company, and everything it's created.
HP Recommended
After HP I switched to Samsung Pc's and Canon for printers and I'm yet to contact them for an issue, since any issue is a minor one and easily fixed. I'm Still waiting on HP to help with an all-in-one printer that does not work and is under warranty. This was sent in Oct. 2013. So stay away from HP and all it's products. The best advice I can give.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.