Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-28-2012 02:02 PM
When I switched either to 3/4G I couldn't connect after inputing the new IP….. Perhaps firewall related
01-02-2013 02:04 PM
Please see below
1) Could be a few things. When you switched each device to 3/4G did you stop and then restart the app and then test? If not can you please do that. If so, it sounds as though the issue is network related. Are both devices using the same 3/4G carrier? If so, you might want to talk to the carrier and explain the issue and ask if your IP should be able to reach the others IP within their network. If not you will need to have the devices register to a gatekeeper/server in order to call each other. For a quick test I had 2 colleagues setup for 3/4G on their iPhones both utilizing different carriers. Using my Verizon iPhone 4s I dialed to one of the colleagues iPhones without issue as he is also on Verizon. I then tried to call the other, on ATT and it failed. The reason it failed is because we are each given an internal IP address from that carrier and it is not routable outside the carriers networks.
2) Did the RealPresence Mobile App ever work for you on these devices?
- Also can you tell me what the exact model number that is associated to you Samsung Galaxy Note and Samsung Galaxy S III phone? The reason I ask is within the RealPresence Mobile 2.1 Release notes we refer to specific part numbers for each of those devices and I would just like to a reference point.
Specifically here is what we list.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1” SHW-M480K tablet.
Samsung Galaxy Note GT-I9220 phone
Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-I9300 phone
Link to release notes.
Please let me know your results to the above responses.
01-08-2013 12:05 PM
Thanks for your reply.
Issue #1 solved. We obtained static IP #'s.
Issue #2 Not solved
The models you provided in your PDF are for the US. We are in Canada. That said, our tablet:
Samsung SGH-1957M works very well... no issues
Samsung Note SGH-1717M & Galaxy S3: SGH-I747M however still do not function. I tried trashing the app & reinstalling to no avail.
Same issue as before:
H.323 is disabled......Cant enable it.
My Number....Not available..
Any further thoughts in sorting this out are greatly appreciated!
Don, DC Prods
01-08-2013 01:08 PM
I have sent a quick note to the engineering team with your added details and will let you know the response once I get it.
So just to clarify a little more, both the devices you mention (Samsung Note SGH-1717M & Galaxy S3: SGH-I747M) can search the Google Play store, find the Polycom RealPresence Mobile app, then install and launch it?
Also can you explain to me the screens and details once they launch the app?
- Does it first bring up the License Agreement?
Can you click Accept and then the OK button?
- Does it then ask you to Sign-in?
Does the user Sign-In or Skip?
01-09-2013 11:25 AM
I will respond in point form:
"So just to clarify a little more, both the devices you mention (Samsung Note SGH-1717M & Galaxy S3: SGH-I747M) can search the Google Play store, find the Polycom RealPresence Mobile app, then install and launch it? "..........Yes
"Does it first bring up the License Agreement?".......Yes
"Can you click Accept and then the OK button?"......Yes
"Does it then ask you to Sign-in? "............Yes
"Does the user Sign-In or Skip?".......................Skip Sign-in
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community