Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
P77760z

Noticed that the executive assistants P77760z has a scanning issue.

When scanning documents from the ADF, (long edge first), the output is not lined up properly between the short edges.

I was looking at the machine after the CEO/Owner of the company complained about skewed scans, cleaning the rollers seems to have minimized the skew., but there were a couple of other issues that I noticed.

If I copy an event log, (top towards the back of the machine), there is more white space over the text on the copy than in the original, and the bottom, (front) edge is clipped.

I have checked the manuals, CSN, and Wise and there does not appear to be any adjustment for this issue.

I did adjust the scanning speed since there was a minor width problem with the copies, (long edge first).

Any suggestions on how to correct the alignment issue?

Firmware is up to date.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Make sure your "Automatically straighten" is enabled in EWS.  This some times helps. I have ran into the skewed scans on several machines. Customers don't always notice it. Some times enabling the auto straighten will fix it. I had one machine that there was nothing we could do to fix it period and HP swapped the machine out after working threw a few beta firmware's to see if it fixed it. HP is aware of it, and I am sure they are dissecting our problem child back in Boise as I type this.  Good luck. Make sure you get a case number going with the support line. 

Dan Russo

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -- Marcus Aurelius
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.