Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
E77660Z+
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All

A customer has asked if its possible to turn off all paper sizes from the machine and driver that are non usa inch spec. So turn off all the metric sizes. I know we can do this in the designjet and pagewide XL. But the customer would like it turned off on the E77660Z+ machine.

The reason for this is that they are running an odd size custom made field notebooks that engineers are using. The machine constantly defaults to asking for A5 when scanning and copying. They want it on a letter size. I have instructed the customer to make a custom template that defaults to letter. And they have done so, but they are still asking for the ability to disable the metric sizes. Is this possible? I cant seem to find a place to do it. 

Dan Russo

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -- Marcus Aurelius
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello J2Blueprint,

As our HP Enterprise printers use multiple sensors to detect paper size there is no option to remove a paper size. 

It appears the device might have the default scan or copy size set to A5.  Please follow the instructions below to check what the current default is and how to change this setting to the size you prefer.

From a web browser of you choice open the Embedded Web Server (EWS) by entering the IP Address of the printer. 

Navigate to Copy Print > Copy setting > Default Job options > Scroll down to Original Size, By default Auto Detect should be the option, Select a bullet point and press apply to change the current default paper size. 

Follow the same steps under the Scan / Digital send tab for the default scan size. 

If this does not resolve the issue please feel free to call into the Premier Partner Support line and speak with a representative. 1-888-472-2737

clipboard_image_0.png

Kind Regards,

IoD

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Actually the device is already set to Any size. The issue is the original he is making copies on is closer to an A5 but needs to be on letter. The customer does not want to have to instruct a end user to choose the saved template. This customer is a engineering firm and they copy/scan strange sizes all the time. They need it to auto select between letter and ledger only. They do not want the machine defaulting to the closest size which may be a metric size. The Canon machine's they had before gave them the ability to default to American standard sizes.

The request is to be able to turn off metric sizes in the machine and print driver. They do not even want those as an available option.  this functionality is resident on the Designjet & Pagewide XL systems but does not seem to be in the A3 products. Is this something that could be added in a future firmware release?

Dan Russo

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -- Marcus Aurelius
HP Recommended

Hello J2Blueprint,

You are correct on the A3 line of products we cannot restrict paper size options.

We can submit an enhancement request. You will first need to start a case with the contact center by calling 1-888-472-2737. They will need to collect some information of the model and how many devices are requesting this enhancement. 

This would be your best option to submit a formal enhancement request.

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

If I can jump in here and comment that as the machines are not able to be able fully region based, US/EU/AU etc for paper sizing, I would agree with J2Blueprint that it is very confusing and overwhelming to users.

I second the feature request.

Bill

HP Recommended

The best solution for this is to create a Copy quickset with the settings locked to the paper size you want. Absolutely the best way to deal with this problem. You can create the same type of quickset for scanning as well.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately that is the only way to handle it. The customer wants a machine that is regionalized to the US paper standards, Not to have to choose from dozen or so templates. This customer has a varying workflow daily. It makes the process longer for the customer.

What i get is "My canon did not have to use templates. It was smart enough to just work without me having to do all this"

Dan Russo

HP Recommended

J2Blueprint,

Please call into the Contact Center and have a case elevated to L2.  We would like to understand the scenario the the fullest.

CC 1- 888-472-2737

I am an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.