Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One Printer

The Envy printer label says to use cartridges #61, then gives me an "incorrect" cartridge message.  TP website says to use #62.  What is it?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @oow,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It seems like there's some confusion regarding the correct ink cartridge for your HP Envy printer. It's not uncommon for printer manuals or even official websites to have discrepancies in their information due to various models and updates. Here’s how you can resolve this issue:

Confirm the Printer Model: Double-check the exact model of your HP Envy printer. Sometimes, similar models have slightly different cartridge requirements.

Consult the Official HP Website: Use the exact model number of your printer to look up specifications directly on HP's official website. This will provide the most reliable information regarding which cartridge is compatible.

Cartridge Numbers: If your printer is indicating that cartridge #61 is incorrect despite the label suggestion, and the website states #62, it could be due to a model update or an error in the printer’s firmware. Ensure that the model number you are looking up matches exactly, as even small differences can mean different cartridge requirements.

Firmware Update: Sometimes, updating the printer's firmware can resolve cartridge recognition issues. Check if there’s an available update for your printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Rachel;  Your reply was helpful, but even more help was that I discovered that the HP list of printers with required cartridge numbers was not in numerical order.  First time, I did not find the Envy 5530 before I got to Envy 5600, so I took that number, 62.  But later in the list,  there was the 5530, with color cartridge 61.  I ordered a remanufactured #61 to test , I installed it, the Envy told me "previously used original HP Color cartridge" and to click on OK.  The 5530 is now printing perfectly.  Thanks for the reply

HP Recommended

Hi @oow,

Thank you so much for your response. I am glad the issue is resolved.

Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.Take care and have a great day ahead!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.