Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

When duplex printing, the "front" side of every printed page (the odd numbered pages) prints fine, but the "back" side (all even numbered pages) prints with the top/bottom margin shifted downward.   The shift varies from a half inch to several inches, but always seems to end up with about a 1/4 inch bottom margin.  This happens whether printing from Adobe Acrobat, Word, or Pages whenever the "Long Edge Binding" (or equivalent) is selected.

I know I can duplex manually, and that isn't a huge problem when only printing one copy of a short document, but it becomes a problem when the original document contains many pages, or if I'm printing many copies.  

I used this suggestion:

"Since the issue only occur while printing from iMac. It's possible that it's an issue with the printer driver installed on your Mac. Removing the existing printer driver and then adding a compatible driver may resolve the issue. Here is how to do it:
Please ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with it's software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

6.) Try to print."

It worked for 1 time and then it started shifting again, I used this recommendation once again and it didn't work. 

I have Imac and HP envy 6055. WHAt else can I do? Please help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Aisoul

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd be happy to help.

I'd recommend you to contact Apple Support regarding this.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.