Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 7800 All-in-one Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP ENVY Photo 7800 All-in-one Printer Series, Model: 7855 keeps requesting I "remove and re-install indicated cartridge". It is an HP ink cartridge (the tri-color high volume ink supply one) and 3/4 full (according to the printer info) . I have removed the cartridge several times and cleaned the head then re-installed it. The error message continues to display. Unfortunately my 1 year printer warranty expired Sep 6, 2021 so it is not an old printer. Additionally I have powered down the printer several times thinking a "reboot" might help. I know the cartridges have "chips" embedded in them, could an error on the programming of the chip be an potential issue or is a "sensor" in the printer itself that needs repair or replacement? Please Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DesertBee

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

I understand you are getting this error on the printer screen. If you have already performed the steps from the document Ink cartridge errors :https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_1721989-1461843-16  if the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure. 

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:www.hp.com/contacthp/ 

Hope this helps! 
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DesertBee

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

I understand you are getting this error on the printer screen. If you have already performed the steps from the document Ink cartridge errors :https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_1721989-1461843-16  if the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure. 

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:www.hp.com/contacthp/ 

Hope this helps! 
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Echo Lake for your reply and suggested helps. I will see where service can be found. I have used HP computers/printers for over 25 years and found them to always be reliably built and lasted for several years before requiring servicing as I regularly followed the product care guidelines from the operations manual.  I additionally never used any other ink cartridges than HP brand. Although I am disappointed that with the printer being purchased only 14 months ago and it is beginning to have "hardware" issues is troublesome. Far too often the cost of servicing is more than the cost of the unit when I purchased it.

HP Recommended

@DesertBee

Thank you for posting back. 

I want to thank you for taking the time to speak to us today.  

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that 
here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.