Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 8100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed a genuine HP 951XL Cyan ink cartridge into my HP Officejet 8100 printer yesterday.  My HP Officejet 8100 will not display the ink level of my new genuine HP 951XL Cyan cartridge.  I tried all the options provided by HP's virtual assistant, unplugging and plugging in the cartridge, cleaning the cartridge contacts, unplugging and plugging power back into the printer, and checking the software driver version for my printer and nothing has worked.  

What is causing my HP 8100 Printer to not display the ink levels of my new Genuine HP 951XL Cyan printer cartridge?  It works with the old cartridge I reinstalled.  What's the Problem?????????

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE AN ANSWER TO THE GENUINE HP PRINTER CARTRIDGE PROBLEM WITH MY HP 8100 PRINTER I POSTED YESTERDAY.  MY BRAND NEW CYAN CARTRIDGE WILL NOT DISPLAY INK LEVEL ON THIS PRINTER.  MY OLD CARTRIDGE DID AND WILL DO WHEN REINSTALLED, BUT THIS NEW 951XL CARTRIDGE (MADE IN MALAYSIA) DIDN'T WORK.  I TRIED ALL HP SUPPORT SOLUTION IDEAS AND THEY DID NOT WORK.

HP EXPERTS:  PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS THE PROBELM.

HP Recommended

@Joe657, Welcome to HP Support Community!

It is clearly a defective ink cartridge and you can request a replacement.

Please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the replacement options.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.