Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp envy 5540

When i try to copy using my HPEnvy i get a message saying paper mismatched.  i've gone through every setting i can find and have also reset the device to factory settings and am still getting the message.  I also went through the web server settings and have set all as a4 (which is the paper in my printer)

Please help as printer will soon be thrown out window in frustration.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Desdemon 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Copy is a direct printer function -- Copy is limited to what the printer can detect and set up in the options list for the particular printer.

If the paper in Tray and Paper is not a match to the size of the content being copied, the output might fail or the copy might be S-L-O-W to complete.

How to Copy

Start here:

Make copies with an HP printer

Short answer

If Copy is not working as needed in spite of having made all the adjustments that are supported on your printer,

Use Scan instead.

Scan options are provided by Operating System / version and the Software / Application you are using to open, view, configure, and submit the job to the printer.

General Instructions here:

How to Scan – HP Document

HP Printers - How to Scan (Windows, Mac, Mobile) | HP® Customer Support

Copy - Additional Information

Printer Specifications for HP ENVY 5540, DeskJet 5570 Printers

Section Copy

and

User Guide

Page 42

and, if supported,

Copy Defaults in EWS

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab Copy > Settings > Default SettingsCopy Defaults

EWS_9025_Copy_Defaults_5EWS_9025_Copy_Defaults_5

Example - Tray and Paper

EWS_7855_Preferences_Tray_and_Paper_Management_All_1EWS_7855_Preferences_Tray_and_Paper_Management_All_1

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more

Open

HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.