Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

A bad sound like the meshing of plastic gears when I print.

Has anybody know how to remove the paperfeed assembly from a HP F4435 inkjet printer?

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

From above, when you remove the scanner you will have access to all printer parts.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

First of all, thank you.

OK, that’s done.

The paperfeed assembly is secured with two screws which I have removed. The back left-hand corner of the printer (where the two motors are) is secured to the bottom of the printer case with a metal tab. 

I don’t seem to be able to wiggle the paper feed assembly free from the printer case.

HP Recommended

Sorry, I made a mistake in my last post.

It is a paper feed assembly that is attached to the bottom left-hand corner of the printer case - not the printer!

Sorry about that

HP Recommended

Is the sound loud like a machine gun?

Check out the market part, it should be on the right side, which can break off.

4500.jpg

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

It does sound a little like a machine gun.

Excellent suggestion

However;

I don’t think that part has broken off:

image.jpg

hopefully you can make this out in the photo.

However, if I press down on the white piece of plastic located between the two gears, and just to the left of the piece you suggested;  I can re-create the sound.

HP Recommended

Looks good.

I would suggest you use compressed air to clean and lubricate first the gears ( WD40 or similar lubricant) before disassembly.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.

Sounds good.

I’m gonna be tied up for a few hours. Also I think I might be out of compressed air.

Thank you for all the help.

I really appreciate the quick response.

HP Recommended

I’ve tried to compressed air.

However, I really don’t think this is going to solve the problem. I also have an awful lot of screws springs, and electrical connections That I have detached. I really don’t want to put the printer back together to find out that it doesn’t work. (It actually works but I feel it’s only a matter of time before that machine gun sound causes something to break).

so I Would like to continue by removing the paper feed assembly. Once removed I can turn in any which way to see what’s going on.

Any chance you have any ideas on how to remove the paper feed assembly?

HP Recommended

Start removing screws one by one and removing parts there is no other way on that model.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.