Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer

It is a HP Office Jet Pro 7740, SN [Personal Information Removed]

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This video might be useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NZw45Ujeu4

I assume you have different paper types for each tray and suggest the following which I have done in windows once upon a time

Configure  printer 1 and printer 2 to the same printer

set printer 1 property to use a4 and printer 2 property to use a3 or whatever types you have.  

I did the above but had printer1 property to force black ink only and printer two for color.

I do not have 7740 so am basically guessing.  This will not work if the paper type is the same size.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Why do you want it NOT to access tray two?  If you put the same paper in both trays then you can complete a large print job without running out of paper.  That's one of the advantages of having two trays.

On my 7740, if I don't want it to print from tray 2, I just pull the paper out of that tray so it will stop printing when it runs out of paper on tray 1.  

You can also adjust which trays are accessed in the print setup menu.  Just tell it to print from one tray only.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.