Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I couldn't print in color. HP said the problem was my drivers, directed me to delete all HP software and download new drivers. The installation failed and the error message said it could be due to a problem with the driver package. I don't know where to go from here. I still can't print in color and now I have no drivers. I appreciate your help but please be warned that I am not very tech savvy.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi @Nancy84 , 

Thanks for your mesage. Sorry to hear your experience. Just to ensure you have the right link to download the software / drivers needed, click below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-4650-all-in-one-printer-series/5447930...

Please make sure to follow the installation instructions for a successful download and installation. Let me know if this worked. Thanks. 

regards, 

Waynetheshayne

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it. If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You". Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for getting back to me,  I got the same results as before. Error 2753.

HP Recommended

hi @Nancy84 , You're welcome. From the ERROR msg looks like its an issue with your Operating System. Try updating your operating system using windows update to see if this fixes the issue. 

Thanks. 

regards, 

Waynetheshayne

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it. If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You". Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

@Waynetheshane wrote:

hi @Nancy84 , You're welcome. From the ERROR msg looks like its an issue with your Operating System. Try updating your operating system using windows update to see if this fixes the issue. 

Thanks. 

regards, 

Waynetheshayne

HP Recommended

Everything was updated with Window Up Date 3,28.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.