Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Desket 3700
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi
I have a trouble on friend's printer. (sorry for long content, trying to be clear).

* When connected with cable, the printer says "ready" on print dialog box. But when trying to print, nothing happens and error message appears shortly after (not clear though, just "cannot print").

* I can access printer parameters and setup.

* Last HP drivers are installed, as well as HP softwares.

ALSO

* Impossible to connect by WiFi. The summary printed page says "internet : connected" ; IP is defined ; Gateway and mask are OK.

* More surprising : I'm on the printer => I try option "Change from a USB connection to a wireless network (Windows)" but the system says "cannot find printer", although I already was on that printer. 

* Of course, PING does not give answer

* When checking from router parameters page, the printer is not connected (or maybe instable connection because it's written : connected 2mn ago)

Does anyone image when it can come from ?

Regards

Yohann

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Yohann,

Have faced the similar issue but at last I was able to fix it.

Sharing it might help you as well.

Open the link : https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-ink-advantage-3830-all-in-one-printer-se...

Go to the last Driver " Utility-Diagnostic Tools (1)" and then download "HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows" driver

After Installing, this will check the complete settings and issues with the device and computer.

You will also be guided with some troubleshooting steps to complete.

At last restart computer and check if issue is resolved.

If you find it helpful and resolves this issue then click on Resolve

Also click on Kudos to say Thanks !

Cheers

Vinita

Sharma
HP Recommended

Hi
Thanks for the tip. I will try this.
Just a point : did you make the whole process with printer connected by cable or not ?

HP Recommended

Hi
Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.
It's a nightmare : I can access everything, even ink level or parameters when trying to print nothing happens.

By reinstalling everything, I could connect the printer with WiFi direct but same issue :  I cannot print.

If anyone has another idea...

Yohann

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.