Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Also, Best Buy lists the HP 3830 as having automatic two sided printing:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-officejet-3830-wireless-all-in-one-instant-ink-ready-printer-black/4...

HP Recommended

I just discovered that HP also changed the software available for Windows 7 so it’s just as bad as that for Windows 10. Luckily, iI have a copy of the Windows 7 software from two years ago and this works great. The newest software has the same issue as the Windows 10 software - it won’t print double-sided, nor allow you to print in grayscale only. Great bug that benefits both paper companies and HP ink sales. Thanks, HP!

HP Recommended

The support is wonderful from Kumar. Although I didn't know that it doesn't do auto duplexing but solution helped a lot for my Mac

HP Recommended

In order to print from PDF, solution "To print on both sides of the page (OS X)" is also necessary. I too did not know the double sided printing capacity was not automatic in this model. It seems like false advertising. I will be returning it as soon as I can. Thank you for trouble shooting this issue as I have multiple assignments due and I'm dealing with a level of frustration I wasn't anticipating.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.