Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Pro 6430 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

I can print from my HP PC to with my HP Printer but when I want to scan, HP Smart ask me to SignIn and I'm stuck with "Connecting to a service" windows

Why the hell I need to connect ?????
This application is so complex that it des not even work with HP PC.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @NoAliasFound ,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It's frustrating to encounter issues with your printer and scanning software. The "Connecting to a service" message typically suggests that the HP Smart application is trying to establish a connection with the necessary services to enable scanning functionality. Here are few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Check Internet Connection: Ensure that your computer is connected to the internet. The HP Smart application might need an internet connection to authenticate your account and access the necessary services.

Update HP Smart: Make sure you have the latest version of the HP Smart application installed. Go to the Microsoft Store on your Windows 11 PC, search for HP Smart, and check for updates.

Sign In to HP Smart: If you are not signed in to your HP account within the HP Smart application, try signing in. This is often required to access certain features, including scanning.

Firewall/Antivirus Settings: Check your firewall and antivirus settings to ensure they are not blocking the HP Smart application from connecting to the necessary services. Sometimes security software can interfere with the communication.

Reinstall HP Smart: Uninstall the HP Smart application from your computer and then reinstall it. This can help in resolving any corrupted files or configuration issues.

Alternative Scanning Methods: If the HP Smart application continues to pose challenges, you can use the built-in scanning functionality provided by Windows. Open the Windows Scan app or use the scanning features within the printer settings on your computer.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.