Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I cannot get this printer installed on my PC.

I have successfully hooked this up to my pc in the past when it was windows 7, but since I upgraded to windows 10 I cannot connect the printer. I just keep getting the error 'printer not found' when trying to add the printer manually via the ip or host name.

Any suggestions..? 

I'm 5 years out of warranty so i dont think i can speak to someone on live chat which is unfortunate.

Any help is appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@SYAWEDIS, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Use these steps to connect your printer and troubleshoot any connection issues.

Step 1: Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor

Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor to automatically diagnose and resolve printer hardware and connection issues.

If your printer is not found on the Choose Your Product step, click My product is not listed for steps to connect the printer.

Try to print. If the issue is not resolved, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Uninstall and reinstall the HP driver and software

Some HP software components might have installed incorrectly, even if the printer setup failed. Remove and reinstall the software to clear any possible issues.

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the printer, if necessary.

2. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

3. Under Programs or Programs and Features, click Uninstall a program to open the list of installed programs.

4. Click the HP printer name to open the uninstall confirmation window, and then click Yes to complete the software removal.

5. Make sure the printer is turned on, cartridges are installed, and plain paper is loaded in the main tray.

6. Go to 123.hp.com. This guided service automatically locates the correct print driver or app for your computer operating system version.

7. Follow the instructions to download and install the driver or app. During the installation, select HP Smart or the full software option to get the most out of your HP printer, and then follow the steps to set up the printer connection.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried all of the above and it didnt work.

The HP Scan doctor never detected my printer, so i uninstalled the HP drivers I had, rebooted, and re-download (the same) drivers from the link you sent. 

I ended up getting stuck on the exact same screen that says the IP (or host name) is incorrect.
https://prnt.sc/whvwiq

This is where I got stuck last time, not being able to connect to the printer...

HP Recommended

@SYAWEDIS

I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:

•    Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.

•    When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.

•    Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Not sure if you realize im trying to connect the printer via wifi because i dont have a usb cable to connect it.

But its not getting detected. Even following your manual steps above. I had to add the ip/host name manually, but same thing again, cannot find the printer...

Yes, the printer is connected to the network but no, it can never be found...

HP Recommended

@SYAWEDIS

I understand you're trying to use the Wireless option to connect the printer.

Refer to the document Connect to a Wireless HP Printer for alternate connectivity methods.

If you still have issues, use the guided troubleshooter Troubleshooting | Wireless Printing Center for instruction to isolate and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.