Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi there, this is a really simple question that i'm sure many of you will know the answer too.

My HP Office Jet Pro 8600 printer has an IP Address of 000.000.000.000 which of course is incorect and not good. Is there any way of working out the Printer's IP Address but not with command prompt as I tried that and it did'nt tell me the printers IP Address.

Any tips are welcomed.

Thanks...

'It's odd to think that I get pleasure from staring at a screen for more than 7 hours a day...'
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is a link  to the user guide

➡️Check this steps to find HP Printer IP Address:

✔️Go to the Home Screen --> Setup, then touch Reports and then select Network Configuration to see all of the printer's network details. 

Which Office Jet  Pro 8600  model do you have? (there are five or six different models)

Are you using a wired (LAN)  or wireless network environment?

Is the wireless radio on?

The following image is from page 220 of the manual I provided the link to.

Pro 8600.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

On the printer contrl panel

Touch  Settings > Wireless > Display Network Configuration > Display Network Summary (or similar).

It should display at least 4 lines: Hostname, IP Adress, MAC and SSID.

If not, printer is not connected to a network.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Here is a link  to the user guide

➡️Check this steps to find HP Printer IP Address:

✔️Go to the Home Screen --> Setup, then touch Reports and then select Network Configuration to see all of the printer's network details. 

Which Office Jet  Pro 8600  model do you have? (there are five or six different models)

Are you using a wired (LAN)  or wireless network environment?

Is the wireless radio on?

The following image is from page 220 of the manual I provided the link to.

Pro 8600.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

We are using a Private Wireless network and we have BT Broadband.

We are using the HP Officejet Pro 8600 eAiO printer.

'It's odd to think that I get pleasure from staring at a screen for more than 7 hours a day...'
HP Recommended

Verify that the wireless radio of the printer is on.

Manually set the wireless ipv4 network address of the printer to one that is within the private network you are using with your PCs. You can use the ipconfig /all command to verify the network address of your PC is. That should be all you need to do.

HP Recommended
How do I find the IP address on the printer. The desktop computer is not working so I can't get it from that and I have no idea how to get my printer connected to my laptop so that's out of the question. I want to add my printer to my phone wireless but it's asking for an ip address
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.