Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm using a desk top computer it is a Dell and when I use my HP laptop I have no problem using 2 sided printing on the Dell It wants me to do it manually using my wireless printer. How do I shut the manual off?

Thank You

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Goodwitch315,

I'd like to help!

I understand you would like to print both sides automatically.

Print on both sides of the paper (Windows)

Use HP printer software to set up a two-sided (duplex) printing job with an inkjet or LaserJet printer.

1. To avoid page ordering issues, load enough paper into the paper tray to complete your print job.

NOTE: 

To avoid paper jams, do not print on both sides of envelopes, photo paper, glossy paper, or transparencies. Do not print on paper lighter than 60 g/m2 (16 lb) or heavier than 105 g/m2 (28 lb).

2. Open the document you are printing, and then click File > Print.

3. Click Printer Properties, Preferences, or Printer Setup, depending on what displays.

The Properties window opens.

4. Determine if you want the pages to read as a booklet or a tablet.

Select booklet or tablet layout option

Callout

Description

Booklet layout

Tablet layout

5. Use one of the following methods to open and select duplex printing settings. Menu names vary by printer model.

• If a Layout, Features, or Finishing tab is available, click it, and select binding and page flip options in the Print on Both Sides or Print on Both Sides Manually settings.

Print on both sides menu in Windows

• If a Printing Shortcut tab is available, click it, select the Two-sided (Duplex) Printing shortcut, and then select a page flip option from the Print on Both Sides Manually or Two-sided (Duplex) Printing menu.

Two-sided printing shortcut in Windows

6. Click OK, and then click Print.

You may refer to-Print on both sides of the paper with an HP printer

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.