Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy Pro 6459
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

image.jpg

I’m fairly tech savvy. This  is nothing but trouble. I’ve spent too much time constantly rebooting it - my router - on and on.

When I cancel the print cartridge deal - you will loose that residual business too. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Darryl_Hammill, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, kindly elaborate on the issue.

• What is the issue with the printer? 
  • Do you get any errors while printing? 

Was the printer enrolled in Instant Ink and did you cancel the enrollment?

In this case, you will have to use regular HP ink cartridges to resume printing. HP Instant Ink cartridges will not work.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
  • What is the issue with the printer?  Drops off my network for no apparent reason. 
  • Do you get any errors while printing? 
    The printer simply isn’t available. But - even when I plug in via data cable - it simply won’t print. No errors. 

Was the printer enrolled in Instant Ink and did you cancel the enrollment?

yes I cancelled it - so the residual sales from that part of this business will go to a competitor. 

This printer is going back to Costco and they can deal with it. I’m sorry I bought it. 

HP Recommended

HP has lost a customer. Bye.

HP Recommended

@Darryl_Hammill

I'm sorry to hear that. We can troubleshoot and fix this issue.

Have you tried using a USB cable if available and check if you are able to print?

Let us try these steps:

Use the WPS method to connect the printer to the network. Refer to - Connecting an HP Printer Using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network. Either 2.4 or 5GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.

If the connection is intermittent, follow the steps in this document - Wi-Fi Connection with HPNA Lost After 2-10 Minutes

Kindly use regular HP ink cartridges if the enrollment is canceled. Instant Ink cartridges will not work.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

A day late and a dollar short. I'm done with HP over this terrible experience. The piece of junk is back in your retailers hands  Costco has NOT forgotten what good customer service means.  Most companies try to save customer - but not HP. Posting all of this to HP on FB.  Bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.