Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3637 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello:

Trying to change my printer's ePrint email address, but I cannot get the printer to show up in my HPSmart.com web page. It can be discovered and shows up in both iOS and PC HPSmart apps, but it does not get stored in a way that makes is how up in the hpsmart.com web pages when I log in with the same account. The printer is also listed in my HP.COM account.

a) Is there a way to force the printer to appear in hpsmart.com? 

b) is HPSmart.com supposed to discover the printer on my lan  on this own, or only the apps do that? My impression is it is only the apps.

c) My printer has not display, but it has a web interface. I do not believe I can change the ePrint email address form the PRINTER web page. Is that correct?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I do  not have your 3637 printer. I looked at the list of "retired" printers and did not see your 3637.  I did see my CM1415 but I do not use web services so no problem for me.

I suspect your printer is setup for Wi-Fi Direct.  Your Apple and PC can see it but it is not connected to a modem directly so it is not on the internet.

That being said, you should be able to configure the web service by using http to access the printer. if the printer name is "direct-3637-xyzzy" then any browser can access it using

http://direct-3637-xyzzy

You may want to connect the printer directly to the modem.  If it is connected to the modem then some other fault is causing the problem;.

you might want to read this article

and switch to "print anywhere" if your printer was made after 2020 and is "blessed" by HP.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1582257-1299980-16

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

My printer is absolutely connected to my lan and the internet, and in fact I just confirmed I can e-print to the email address of the printer successfully.

But for some reason, the printer will not appear in my hpsmart.com screens, even though it is easily discovered on macos, ios, and windows HPSmart APPS.

I was hoping someone could explain the prerequisites and mechanism for the printer to appear in my hp smart web account.

My goal here is is to change the printer's email address to something better than the 12 character pseudorandom email address it has by default. 

HP Recommended

A quick fix for the name is to get a free email and forward it.  

If UpstateFolk3637 is available at any of the free email accounts then configure it in outlook and set a rule so it forwards to your printer.

If you want the server to forward it then you may have to pay something. For example, yahoo can forward but you must have yahoo mail pro or "access + forwarding".  A cheap domain name with a single forward is another option.  

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.