Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI,

I am having trouble changing the wifi network on my printer. I recently replaced my modem but I am still with the same provider. The wireless network name changed and i do not know how to update it on my printer. Oddly i can scan but cannot print from my pc. I am not tech savvy.

My printer is an HP Deskjet 2742e.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @45Oaks,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I can help you with that! Here's a step-by-step guide to changing the WiFi network on your HP Deskjet 2742e printer:

Access Printer Settings: Turn on your printer and make sure it's connected to power. Then, locate the control panel on your printer. It might be a touchscreen or physical buttons.

Navigate to Wireless Settings: Use the control panel to navigate to the wireless settings menu. This is where you'll find options to connect your printer to a new WiFi network.

Select Network Setup: Within the wireless settings menu, look for an option like "Network Setup," "Wireless Setup," or something similar. Select it to begin the process of connecting to a new WiFi network.

Choose your New Network: Your printer will search for available WiFi networks in the vicinity. When it finds your new network, select it from the list.

Enter Network Password (if required): If your new WiFi network is password-protected (which it likely is), you'll need to enter the password using the printer's control panel. Use the on-screen keyboard to input the password.

Complete Setup: Once you've entered the password, confirm your selection. Your printer will attempt to connect to the new WiFi network. Once connected successfully, you should see a confirmation message on the printer's display.

Update Printer Drivers (if necessary): After you've connected your printer to the new WiFi network, it's a good idea to update the printer drivers on your computer. This ensures that your PC can communicate properly with the printer over the new network.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.