Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank 7005 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Two computers in this house share a HP7000 wirelss printer (on the other side of the room). Everything was working fine until we switched to VIRGIN MEDIA and a NEW ROUTER was put in. NOTE: The WIFI access is not from the router - but from BT WHOLE HOME WIFI HUB which plugs into the ethernet port of the router). So the WiFi access has NOT CHANGED...

NOW the printer says it is connected to the WiFi, but NOT to the internet. It shows as OFFLINE and I can't print.

I spent over 2-hours with an utterly useless "technical advisor" from HP (I'm still under warranty). She was trying to get access to the printer's settings, but it wasn't showing up in the WiFi nor in the browser. I explained that I can move the printer next to one of the computers and connect it via a cable if that gives her access to the settings. She said to do that and try to print a page. (Of course - it will print if connected via a cable to the computer, that's NOT the problem we were trying to solve). When the page printed, she said, "so your fine now, problem solved". I explained to her that I'm quite shocked that she thinks that's it, she's fixed it - so (given we've spent 2-hours doing nothing much), I asked to be passed to someone more senior or a manager. She wouldn't do that at first, then eventually she said, okay, but it will take 48 hours. She asked me to continue with her as we are "so close" to solving the problem. I chose not to. 

When I purchased the printer, I had problems with the setup and contacted HP: A HP technical guy called me and completed the setup on the computer quickly and efficiently. Has HP customer service gone down the drain?

Anyway, my guess is that it is something to do with the router setting (perhaps port forawrding) - she didn't go anywhere near opening the routers control panel, even though I suggested it many times. HELP! PLEASE! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.