Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I don't want to be referred to unhelpful links.   Where is the PIN???!!!   Simple question!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @JohnWeld, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you need to know how to retrieve the WPS password on your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Does your router support WPS?

Please provide the operating system you are running on your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned you needed to know how to retrieve the WPS password on your printer.

Try the steps recommended below.

When you subscribe to an Internet service, the Internet Service Provider (ISP) provides the network password. Look on your wireless router or in the original paperwork that came from your ISP. The password might be labeled as wireless key, WPA key, security password, WPA password, WPA2 password, or WEP password or similar.

If you cannot find the password from your ISP documentation or router, you can view your password from any Windows computer that is already connected to your network. 

1.From any Windows computer that is connected to your network, search for and open view network connections.
2.Right-click the network name, then click Status.
3.Click Wireless Properties. 
Click the Security tab, and then select Show characters to see the wireless network security key (your password).

Refer this video link for youtube to know more information about finding WPS pin on your printer.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @JohnWeld, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you need to know how to retrieve the WPS password on your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Does your router support WPS?

Please provide the operating system you are running on your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned you needed to know how to retrieve the WPS password on your printer.

Try the steps recommended below.

When you subscribe to an Internet service, the Internet Service Provider (ISP) provides the network password. Look on your wireless router or in the original paperwork that came from your ISP. The password might be labeled as wireless key, WPA key, security password, WPA password, WPA2 password, or WEP password or similar.

If you cannot find the password from your ISP documentation or router, you can view your password from any Windows computer that is already connected to your network. 

1.From any Windows computer that is connected to your network, search for and open view network connections.
2.Right-click the network name, then click Status.
3.Click Wireless Properties. 
Click the Security tab, and then select Show characters to see the wireless network security key (your password).

Refer this video link for youtube to know more information about finding WPS pin on your printer.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@JohnWeld wrote:

I don't want to be referred to unhelpful links.   Where is the PIN???!!!   Simple question!

You don't need any PIN.  Just run the Wireless Setup Wizard from the front panel like the instructions say and connect to your routers SSID with password.

HP Recommended

My new 4650 was working fine wirelessly and suddenly decided not to print and went Offline.   Printer said it was Online but HP computer said it was Offline.   Have spent hours trying to fix this - works OK via cable but not wirelessly.   Have tried disconnecting cable/turning off and on printer, restarting computer all to no avail.   SCAN also a problem as scan program is either trying to connect to my old HP 6500 which has been uninstalled and removed as an option, OR if I use Windows Fax and Scan it tells me it can't load my"scan profile" - whatever that is.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.