Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4675 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have the hp Deskjet Ink Advantage 4675 All-in-One Printer. This printer supports only 2.4Ghz wifi, and it's the only device I own that doesn't support the 5Ghz.

I want to use only 5Ghz in my house, but I can't because of this printer, so I thought to connect it with a wire to my computer (that is connected to the internet) so it can be still accessible through wifi to other devices on my network, even if I disable the 2.4Ghz.

The problem is - I have no idea how to connect this printer to my computer WITH a wire - there's a weird port on the printer which I've never seen before, and a DSL port (not ethernet port).

So my questions are:

1. Will my idea work (assuming I can get the printer wired to my computer)?

2. If it should work, then how do I connect my printer with a wire to my computer?

3. Do you have other suggestions to have my house only on 5Ghz while still having the option to print through wifi?

Many many thanks to anyone who try to help!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@OmerM9,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issues with the HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4675 All-in-One Printer.

For HP printer setup (wired Ethernet network) click on this link

Use an Ethernet cable to connect your printer to a network, and then install the printer software.

Connect the printer to your network router, switch, or hub with an Ethernet cable.

1. Make sure paper is loaded in the main tray, and then turn on the printer.
  2. Remove any plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the back of the printer.
  3. Connect an Ethernet cable to the printer and an available port on the router.

If your computer is connected to an office network or home network, use an Ethernet cable to connect the printer to the network. It must be connected through a router or network switch. An Ethernet network can be used for one or more computers and supports many printers and systems simultaneously.

If your router has a USB port, you can easily connect your printer to the router using the USB port. Power on the printer and wait 60 seconds. If you haven't already done so, plug the printer into an electrical outlet or power strip. Turn on the printer and wait 60 seconds for your router to recognize the printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

My printer doesn't have an Ethernet port (RJ45), it only has a DSL port (RJ11) and a Printer USB port..

I have connected it to my router using a RJ11 cable and an adapter to RJ45, and disabled the WiFi on the printer to check if it's connected through the cable connection I made - the printer is not accessible through the network now... 

Is there a setting I need to change (on the computer or the printer) to make it work with the cable?

If I connect the printer using a usb to my PC (which is connected via Ethernet to my router) will the printer be available on the network? Is there any settings for that to be changed?

Thank you,

Omer

HP Recommended

Hi@OmerM9,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

To connect a printer via wired USB cable

1. Step 1: Open windows setting. At the bottom left of your screen, click the Windows icon to reveal your Start Menu. 
  2. Step 2: Access devices. Within the first row of your Windows settings, find and click the icon labeled “Devices” .
  3. Step 3: Connect your printer.

All you have to do to set up a printer is to connect it to your PC. Simply plug the USB cable from your printer into an available USB port on your PC, and turn the printer on. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Select Add a printer or scanner.

To set up your printer for a USB connection on a Windows computer, Mac, or Chromebook please click this link

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.