Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Envy 6000
Microsoft Windows 11

My printer and either phone or computer are on the same 2.4GHZ network.

This is a private (Home network)
I have been trying on my both Windows desktop and Android.

The printer is connected to Wireless

I don't see a wireless light on the printer.

New router installed by cable company a month ago. Every other device in our home was reconnected within an hour. This is the only device that this is still not resolved. I've tried searching all of the "helpful" articles on the HP Smart app and support robot. and nothing works.
This seems as if it should be an extremely easy-to-find solution. Since it doesn't seem to be, it would seem to indicate that your UI needs some serious work..

Is there a solution or should I "throw the brick away" as one source told me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @pauloyler,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I understand that you are facing connectivity issues. I’d like to help!

Make sure, your printer and your device are on the same network as 2.4GHZ only. 

Perform the steps from this document. This should help. 

Update the firmware

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @pauloyler,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I understand that you are facing connectivity issues. I’d like to help!

Make sure, your printer and your device are on the same network as 2.4GHZ only. 

Perform the steps from this document. This should help. 

Update the firmware

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.