Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Deskjet 3520 printer that isn't connecting to Wi-Fi. My ISP is AT&T and I'm using a Gateway with model number BGW320-500. The printer just isn't connecting no matter what I try. I've been researching and troubleshooting for hours to no avail.

Things I've tried:

Restarting the printer and Gateway

Resetting the printer to factory settings and then restarting it

Making sure Wireless Direct was turned on and then using the pushbutton option to connect using the WPS on the physical Gateway

Making sure Wireless Direct was turned on and using the WPS PIN option to connect

Logging into the Gateway User Interface and changing my 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands to have different SSID

Connecting my computer to the 2.4GHz band and using the Gateway Interface website to use the WPS Virtual Pushbutton to connect to the printer and also using the WPS PIN section to try connecting to the printer using the PIN instead

Completely disabling the 5GHz band and trying the various methods of connecting to the printer using the 2.4GHz band

Completely disabling the 2.4GHz band and trying the various methods of connecting the printer on the 5GHz band

The furthest I have gotten is when I disabled the 5GHz band and only used the 2.4GHz band and used the Virtual Pushbutton on the Gateway Interface website the screen on the printer went from saying "Push the WPS button on the router for 3 seconds..." to "Establishing connection..." (or something similar) but then after about a minute it just says "Error...progress stopped".

I'm at a complete loss for this thing and am hoping the printer isn't completely bricked since I don't have the money to buy a new one right now.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @tristen0815,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've been through quite a bit already! Troubleshooting printer connectivity can indeed be frustrating, but let's see if we can find a solution together. Here are a few more steps you can try.

• Update Firmware: Ensure your printer has the latest firmware installed. Sometimes, firmware updates can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Check Firewall Settings: Make sure your firewall settings on the router aren't blocking the printer's connection.
  • MAC Filtering: Check if MAC filtering is enabled on your router. If so, add the printer's MAC address to the allowed list.
  • Manual Connection: Instead of using WPS, try manually connecting the printer to your Wi-Fi network. You'll need to enter your network's SSID and password directly into the printer's settings.
  • Static IP: Assign a static IP address to your printer. This can sometimes help with connectivity issues as the printer won't be assigned a different IP address each time it connects to the network.
  • Network Reset: Perform a network reset on your printer. This will clear any previous network settings and allow you to start fresh.
  • Alternate Connection Methods: Consider using a USB cable to connect the printer directly to your computer as a temporary solution if you need to print urgently.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible there could be a hardware problem with the printer. However, exhaust these troubleshooting steps first before jumping to conclusions.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.