Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

My HP Smart app won't connect.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it keeps loading and won't

connect.  My Wifi is OK, and the printer prints, just the app won't load.  Here is a screenshot:hp.jpg

My printer is HP Envy 5665 and my OS is Windows 11.  Like I said, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it still won't load.  I'm afraid it will effect my instant ink subscription

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@notageek15 

OK --  

The combination of the Restart Everything and the app Reset -- sometimes then adding the Uninstall of the app -- removes the user data at the least -- adding the Uninstall removes the application.

Since the application has been reloaded, check that it is the latest version on every device that runs HP Smart Windows.

Version can be checked in the Microsoft Store  > Open your Library > find and double click on HP Smart 

Version can be checked within the  folder where the installation information is stored:

For example >>

Windows 10 -

Settings > Apps > Apps and Features

Windows 11 - 

Settings > Apps > Installed Apps > Find / open HP Smart folder > Advanced options

Current Version (at this writing):  141.2.441.0

Look elsewhere -- perhaps check / run Windows Updates to clear any File System issues.

If I have anything else to suggest, I'll post back.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@notageek15 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Try / Consider

Restart everything, including the router that controls your network.

No Joy?

Next,

Reset HP Smart Application - Windows

Reset the HP Smart application - This action removes the app data.

Windows 10 -

Windows 11 - 

Settings > Apps > Installed Apps

Search and Find HP Smart in the apps list

Open Advanced options > Reset the app

Restart the computer and log in

Open HP Smart > Sign in > Add Printer(s)

HP_Smart_Win_Apps-and-Features_ Reset_4HP_Smart_Win_Apps-and-Features_ Reset_4

If the app Reset does not work by itself,

Next,

Uninstall the HP Smart App from Settings > Apps > Apps and Features / Installed Apps

Restart the computer and log in

“Get” a new copy of the HP Smart application from the Microsoft Store

Open HP Smart > Sign in > Add Printer(s)

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

It didn't work it's still just going round and round while it says "getting information."  And I had already uninstalled and reinstalled it once, so it's no use repairing it?  I just don't get it.  

HP Recommended

@notageek15 

OK --  

The combination of the Restart Everything and the app Reset -- sometimes then adding the Uninstall of the app -- removes the user data at the least -- adding the Uninstall removes the application.

Since the application has been reloaded, check that it is the latest version on every device that runs HP Smart Windows.

Version can be checked in the Microsoft Store  > Open your Library > find and double click on HP Smart 

Version can be checked within the  folder where the installation information is stored:

For example >>

Windows 10 -

Windows 11 - 

Settings > Apps > Installed Apps > Find / open HP Smart folder > Advanced options

Current Version (at this writing):  141.2.441.0

Look elsewhere -- perhaps check / run Windows Updates to clear any File System issues.

If I have anything else to suggest, I'll post back.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I did manage to reconnect with the app again.  I don't remember which of dragonfir's suggestions worked, but one of them did.  Sorry that it took a bit to respond.  Had some outside issues.

HP Recommended

@notageek15 

Excellent - glad it's fixed.

You are welcome.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.