Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M148dw

I have a Laser Jet proMFP148dw printer and recently installed a new router. Now printer shows offline and  after numerous attempts  still unable to put printer in ready phase

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @smk1808,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.  

There could be several reasons why your HP LaserJet pro-MFP148dw is still showing as offline after installing a new router. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue.

• Make sure your printer is turned on and connected to the new router. Check the network settings on the printer to ensure it's connected to the correct network.
  • Restart your printer and router. Sometimes, simply restarting both devices can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Check your printer's IP address. If your printer is assigned a static IP address, make sure it's still valid and not conflicting with another device on the network.
  • Update the printer's firmware. Check for any available firmware updates for your printer and install them if necessary.
  • Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software on your computer. These programs can sometimes interfere with network connectivity.
  • Delete and reinstall the printer driver on your computer. This can help refresh the printer's settings and ensure it's communicating properly with your computer

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @smk1808,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.  

There could be several reasons why your HP LaserJet pro-MFP148dw is still showing as offline after installing a new router. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue.

• Make sure your printer is turned on and connected to the new router. Check the network settings on the printer to ensure it's connected to the correct network.
  • Restart your printer and router. Sometimes, simply restarting both devices can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Check your printer's IP address. If your printer is assigned a static IP address, make sure it's still valid and not conflicting with another device on the network.
  • Update the printer's firmware. Check for any available firmware updates for your printer and install them if necessary.
  • Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software on your computer. These programs can sometimes interfere with network connectivity.
  • Delete and reinstall the printer driver on your computer. This can help refresh the printer's settings and ensure it's communicating properly with your computer

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks, Alden4 for your help. The issue was corrected. SMK1808

HP Recommended

Helpful but no one says how to find the IP address

please tell me

HP Recommended

Hi @smk1808,

Thank you for your response, 

To find the IP address for your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M148dw printer, you can follow these steps.

1. Press the "Wireless" button on the printer's control panel.
  2. Press the "Settings" button (the gear icon).
  3. Select "Network Setup" from the menu.
  4. Select "Wireless Menu" from the list of options.
  5. Select "Print Network Configuration Page" to print a page with the printer's network information, including its IP address.

The IP address will be listed on the printed page under the "IPv4 Address" or "IP Address" section. 

I hope this helps. 

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Great, thanks for the information Alden4

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.