Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One Printer
macOS 12.0 Monterey

My printer is having trouble staying online and printing wirelessly from my iMac.  Printer is out of warranty. I want to pay to have telephone access to an expert.   How can I do that??

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Click here for world-wide contact info

I have very little experience with MacOS products but I suspect the problem is the printer goes to sleep and has the wrong IP address when it wakes up or it does not get a wakeup message

Log into the printer web address using Chrome, Edge or using HP smart and set sleep to off or never. For example:

BeemerBiker_0-1713223759447.png

'

I also recommend you log into the modem and configure the printer IP address as fixed.  That way it never changes. 

There are other ways to configure the printers IP address if you cannot log into the modem.   Let me know if you need help with any of this.  If you have a  mesh system (multiple WiFi units) then the IP address needs to be fixed or you must use the hostname of the printer such as NPI40CB07.attlocal.net (for example) instead of 192.168.1.120

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Thanks!  that worked. 

HP Recommended

What worked?  

The phone number?

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.