Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2723e All-in-One Printer
macOS 12.0 Monterey

WiFi Network password changed now we can not print.  Need to reset network password on printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @swsmith,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

To reset the Wi-Fi password on your HP DeskJet 2723e printer, you need to restore the network settings to default and then reconfigure the wireless setup. Here are the steps:

Restore Network Settings to Default:

1. Turn on the Printer: Ensure your printer is powered on.
  2. Press and Hold Buttons: Simultaneously press and hold the Wireless button and the Cancel button on the printer for about 5 seconds. This will reset the network settings to factory defaults.

Reconfigure Wireless Setup:

1. Download HP Smart App: Make sure you have the HP Smart app installed on your computer or mobile device. You can download it from the HP Smart app page.
  2. Open HP Smart: Launch the HP Smart app on your device.
  3. Add Printer: Click on the "+" sign to add a new printer. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your printer to your Wi-Fi network.
  4. Enter New Wi-Fi Password: During the setup process, you will be prompted to enter your Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password. Make sure you enter the correct password.

Alternative Method using WPS:

If your router supports WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), you can use this method for a quicker setup.

2. Enable WPS on Printer: Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer until the light starts blinking.
  3. Enable WPS on Router: Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on your router.
  4. Connection: The printer should connect to your Wi-Fi network automatically.

After completing these steps, your HP DeskJet 2723e should be connected to your Wi-Fi network with the new password. If you encounter any issues, please let me know, and I can provide further assistance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @swsmith,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

To reset the Wi-Fi password on your HP DeskJet 2723e printer, you need to restore the network settings to default and then reconfigure the wireless setup. Here are the steps:

Restore Network Settings to Default:

2. Press and Hold Buttons: Simultaneously press and hold the Wireless button and the Cancel button on the printer for about 5 seconds. This will reset the network settings to factory defaults.

Reconfigure Wireless Setup:

1. Download HP Smart App: Make sure you have the HP Smart app installed on your computer or mobile device. You can download it from the HP Smart app page.
  2. Open HP Smart: Launch the HP Smart app on your device.
  3. Add Printer: Click on the "+" sign to add a new printer. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your printer to your Wi-Fi network.
  4. Enter New Wi-Fi Password: During the setup process, you will be prompted to enter your Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password. Make sure you enter the correct password.

Alternative Method using WPS:

If your router supports WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), you can use this method for a quicker setup.

2. Enable WPS on Printer: Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer until the light starts blinking.
  3. Enable WPS on Router: Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on your router.
  4. Connection: The printer should connect to your Wi-Fi network automatically.

After completing these steps, your HP DeskJet 2723e should be connected to your Wi-Fi network with the new password. If you encounter any issues, please let me know, and I can provide further assistance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.