Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently got new Internet (AT&T Internet Air), and I am trying to reconnect my printer HP Deskjet 2540 All in One series to the network and cannot.  Super frustrated 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @DWILM,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand how frustrating it can be to encounter issues with your printer after changing your internet service provider. Let's troubleshoot this together. 

Here's a step-by-step guide to help you reconnect your HP Deskjet 2540 printer to your new network:

• Check Network Connection: Ensure that your computer and printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Sometimes, devices may not connect to the correct network automatically after a change.
  • Restart Devices: Turn off your printer and computer, wait for a few minutes, and then turn them back on. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Printer Connection Setup: On your printer's control panel, press the Wireless icon or the Setup button, depending on the model. Navigate to the Wireless Setup Wizard or Network Setup to reconnect the printer to your new Wi-Fi network. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password.
  • Printer Driver Update: Make sure that your printer drivers are up to date. You can download the latest drivers from the HP support website for your specific printer model and operating system.  Software and Drivers for HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer series
  • Restart Print Spooler Service: Sometimes, restarting the print spooler service on your computer can help resolve printing issues. Press the Windows key + R, type "services.msc", and press Enter. Locate the Print Spooler service, right-click on it, and select Restart.
  • Reinstall Printer: If none of the above steps work, try removing the printer from your computer's list of installed devices and reinstalling it. Go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers, right-click on your printer, and select Remove Device. Then, reinstall the printer using the Add a Printer wizard.
  • HP Print and Scan Doctor: You can also use the HP Print and Scan Doctor utility to diagnose and fix printing problems. Download and run the utility from the HP website, and follow the prompts to troubleshoot your printer.

Refer to this document:  HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer series user manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.