Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8715 All-in-One Printer
Other

my operating system is macOS Sonoma.  My computer can not find my printer all of a sudden

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @DeAnn4 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your Mac suddenly can't find your printer, there are several troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve the issue:

• Check Connection: Ensure that your printer is properly connected to your Mac and powered on. If you're using a USB connection, try unplugging and replugging the USB cable. If you're using a wireless connection, make sure the printer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Mac.
  • Restart Devices: Sometimes a simple restart can fix connectivity issues. Try restarting both your printer and your Mac.
  • Check Printer Status: Make sure there are no error messages or issues with the printer itself. Check the printer's display panel or status lights for any indications of errors.
  • Printer Software Update: Ensure that your printer's software is up to date. Visit the HP website and download/install any available updates for your printer model.
  • Reset Printing System: If your Mac still can't find the printer, you can reset the printing system. To do this, go to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners, right-click (or Control-click) on the list of printers, and select "Reset printing system." Keep in mind that this will remove all printers from your system, so you'll need to re-add them afterward.
  • Reinstall Printer Driver: After resetting the printing system, re-add your printer by clicking the "+" button in the Printers & Scanners preferences. Follow the prompts to reinstall the printer driver.
  • Check Firewall/Antivirus Settings: Sometimes firewall or antivirus software can block the connection between your Mac and printer. Make sure that your firewall settings are allowing communication with the printer.
  • Check Wi-Fi Signal: If you're using a wireless connection, ensure that your printer is within range of your Wi-Fi router and that the Wi-Fi signal is strong enough for a stable connection.
  • Try Another Device: If possible, try connecting the printer to another device (such as a different computer or a smartphone) to see if the issue is with the printer itself or with your Mac.

Refer to this document: HP OfficeJet Pro 8715 All-in-One Printer user manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.