Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 1606dn Laser Jet
Windows 7

I have print jobs that go to the printer automatically but the printer goes to sleep and then the jobs get backed up.

the settings on the printer won't let me go beyond 1 hour.  I would like it to go to NEVER like the power off setting is.

is there a way to do this?

Complicated2

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Complicated2 ,

I see that you are experiencing issues with the printer not waking up to print the jobs. I would like to help you out today.

Unfortunately the default is 5 minutes on this unit.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector) This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

This information was provided by the manual on page 57. LASERJET PROFESSIONAL P1560 and P1600 Printer series.

Change the Auto-Off delay time:

You can change how long the product remains idle (Auto-Off delay) before it enters Auto-Off mode.
NOTE: The default Auto-Off delay setting is 5 minutes.
1. Open the printer properties, and then click the Device Settings tab.
2. Select the Auto-Off delay from the Auto-Off drop-down list.

How is the printer connected? (USB/Ethernet)

If you are still having issues, update the printer's firmware. HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn Printer Drivers.

Setup a Static IP for the printer, if you are networked. Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection.

Disregard the title. Go to Solution four: Assign your printer a static IP address.

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi Gemini02,

I have unfortunately done all of the above. 

the printer is plugged into a power strip.

it has a static IP

the Auto Off is set to NEVER

But the Sleep After:  is set to 1 Hour and that is the longest it will let me set it to.

The Firmware is current.

Is it possible that HP can upgrade the firmware to alter the option of Sleep After to a "NEVER" Status?

Thanks for the help!

Complicated2

HP Recommended

Hi Complicated2 ,

I see that you still have the printer connected to a surge protector, Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet.

It may not be the printer, it may be your router's inability to wake the printer.
What router are you using?
Can you get into its settings?
If you can then look for and enable "Multicasting".
If not you will have to contact the router company.

Power cycle the router.

How many devices are setup on the router? (2 computers, 2 printers)

What is the routers limitations for devices to be connected at the same time.

If that doesn't help, let me know.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.