Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HI, My DESIGNJET T2300 STUCK AT 94% during initializing. Anyone know what i can do to get it unstuck?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Here is something that may work. Remove any paper that is loaded. Remove all the ink cartridges and remove the printheads. Now turn on the printer and see if it get to the place where it asks to install some of those supplies.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended
Here is something that may work. Remove any paper that is loaded. Remove all the ink cartridges and remove the printheads. Now turn on the printer and see if it get to the place where it asks to install some of those supplies.
HP Recommended

I've tried removing the inks and print head (had to unplug unit while the printhead is moving across the rail to access printhead) but had not tried removing paper.  It didn't work, it continues to pause at 94%. 

I'll try to remove the papers also on Monday. Hopefully it works. 

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Also try reseating the cable of the Paper Sensor that is underneat the printer, the white connector, with the printer off.

I seen this and other models doing the same thing becuase of that sensor.

Best regards

Mike G

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Unforturnately it still does not work. Do I need to order new printheads?

HP Recommended

I have seen this happen when something is blocking the drop detector or when you have a bad printhead.  Sometimes it takes removing the printheads a couple of times before the printer finally displays that one of the printheads is bad.

HP Recommended
I am missing something here. Does it still stop at 94%? If it does and you have removed all consumables including ink tanks, printheads and paper, then the issue is a hardware issue and nothing to do with any of the items you have removed. You have a hardware issue. I have sent a private message.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Remove all PH , Ink cartridges and paper from plotter and restart it . If issue still not resolved  do HDD recovery(unsecured) from diagnostic mode  and check.

Sajjan

HP Recommended

omg, I thought i didn't have the 2nd roll of paper and didn't remove it from the feed.  After removing the cartriges, ph and the 2 rolls of paper, the unit is no longer stopping at 94".  It asked to install the papers, the ink cartriges,  printheads and is now finally preparing the print system. The print system preparation has now been going on for the last 25 minutes and is still going without end in sight. After the minutes and the % countdowns finishes, it seem to be starting over. 30 minutes in, it's finally done and proceeds to work on printhead alignment.  Still aligning at time of this post. 

Thanks for all your help. Any idea what started all this and how to prevent it? Maintenance wise?

HP Recommended

The first thing I would do if the alignment is successful is to upgrade the fimrware to the latest version.  If the alignment is not successful, then find out which color(s) has issues and those printheads most likely need to be replaced.  Good Luck.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.