Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We have a DesignJet T520 loaded with a 36 in. roll of paper.  The printer detects that the paper size is 36.10 in.

I print by selecting a paper size which is 36.00 in. wide, such as ArchD.  The printer alway says on the front panel "____ requires to be printed on 924 mm but the printer is currently using 917 mm".  I have to walk over to the plotter and select "Print Anyway" on the front panel before it will print.

Can someone please explain why it thinks there is a paper mismatch when the paper size listed in the driver is 36.00 in.?  How can it think the job requires 924 mm, which equals 36.38 in.?

Is there any way to force the printer to accept the size and plot without having to select "Print Anyway" on the front panel every time?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I've only seen one T520 so I can't speak from experience.  I know those plotters will detect the real width of the paper, and typically I've seen the rolls being the exact size the plotter reads them to be.  Regarding your print job, have you opened the file in Adobe and put your mouse curser in the lower left hand corner to see what the exact size is?  I have seen many documents be a bit over 36 wide.  Would changing the setting in the driver to fit to paper work or is this something that has to be to scale?

HP Recommended

Has this question actually been answered anywhere? Did you ever solve this problem?

I have the same problem and cannot seem to find an answer anywhere.

-Windows 7

-Printing from autocad 2013 from a layout. 

-All settings and previews show correctly.

Example: Printing on ArchD (24X36) with 24" paper in the plotter the screen displays:

"Paper Mismatch

[project name] requires to be printed on 24.677 in. but the printer is currently usin 24.204 in. Please choose among these options." 

This happens no matter what paper is loaded. It is always a fraction off. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

If your roll of paper is 24 inches and the print is 24.677 wide, Your print is .677 bigger than the actual paper.

You will need to one of the following :

- Reduce the size of your print

- Reduce the margins

Best regards

Mike

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

I have reduced the margins, using the spec which is .2in on all sides, as well as increasing all margins to .5in on all sides just to make sure.

I have created custom paper sizes to make the print smaller.

I still get the same exact error with the same exact measurments. 

HP Recommended

did anyone ever solve this issue?  Our t520 is now doing this as well as misreading the 24" paper as 22" paper

HELP!

HP Recommended

why so complicated.  no need to change any .

if image size for example 24.67x36. set the paper size to 24x36 in portrait mode. Then before you press

print...    click     scale to fit........ print out will be about 23.6x35.6 

But if you need to print on canvas & need one inch around for stretch, then you must change the size to 22" x??? porportional......

HP Recommended

Never scale to fit. Then everything prints out at the wrong scale...

Yes I solved this by printing from Autocad as a PDF then printing to the printer. 

HP Recommended

From the  message you said your image was 24.67 & your printer size is 24"... Even you printed out ok, then finish size will not the same 100% scale..

Am I right or wrong ? should use 42" model...

Good luck..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.