Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet F4440
Windows 7

I was using my Deskjet 4440 for printing scanning and copying. Then all of a sudden it will not print but still scans and copies. When I try to print it doesn't even go into the print queue. I tried to redown load the software on line but that did not work.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @DonJB1 , I hope you're well

I read your posts about not being able to print, and seeing that the Print and Scan Dr. will not run through it's entire scan without getting stuck, I have some more suggestions for you.

Restart the Print Spooler on your computer manually:

1. Click Start
2. Type "Services" in the search field.
3. Open SERVICES
4. At the bottom, click "Extended View"
5. Search for Print Spooler
6. Right-click it and choose Properties
7. Select as Automatic in the drop down box, close the Window
8. Right click on Print Spooler and choose "Stop", wait until it stops and then right click again and "Start".
9. Close out of Services and try your print again.

If the prints will still not work, and always test print from more than one program such as Notepad and a webpage, try:

1. Uninstalling the Printer Software 
  2. Restart the PC completely
  3. Download and install the full driver here: HP Deskjet F4400 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver
  4. Try printing again.

If prints are still not working, try a "deeper" uninstall. Here are the steps on how to do a Level 3 uninstall.

1. Click Start and type %temp% in the run field and open the temp folder.

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356) (If there is more than one, choose the most recent folder)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the L3uninstall.exe (may also  be a .BAT file)

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads​.html

9. Download the full feature software and drivers: HP Deskjet F4400 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

Test print now, and it should work Smiley Happy

Good luck!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi there @DonJB1 , I hope you're well

I read your posts about not being able to print, and seeing that the Print and Scan Dr. will not run through it's entire scan without getting stuck, I have some more suggestions for you.

Restart the Print Spooler on your computer manually:

1. Click Start
2. Type "Services" in the search field.
3. Open SERVICES
4. At the bottom, click "Extended View"
5. Search for Print Spooler
6. Right-click it and choose Properties
7. Select as Automatic in the drop down box, close the Window
8. Right click on Print Spooler and choose "Stop", wait until it stops and then right click again and "Start".
9. Close out of Services and try your print again.

If the prints will still not work, and always test print from more than one program such as Notepad and a webpage, try:

1. Uninstalling the Printer Software 
  2. Restart the PC completely
  3. Download and install the full driver here: HP Deskjet F4400 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver
  4. Try printing again.

If prints are still not working, try a "deeper" uninstall. Here are the steps on how to do a Level 3 uninstall.

1. Click Start and type %temp% in the run field and open the temp folder.

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356) (If there is more than one, choose the most recent folder)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the L3uninstall.exe (may also  be a .BAT file)

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads​.html

9. Download the full feature software and drivers: HP Deskjet F4400 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

Test print now, and it should work Smiley Happy

Good luck!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks,. I had to go though a lot but it was worth it, thanks again, now I don't have to  use my wifes HP Prionter

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.