Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a LaserJet 1022 which doesn't work with recently upgraded Windows 7 (64 bit). I downloaded  the drivers from the site, but the printer properties in Windows says that it doesn't need drivers, yet it doesn't appear in my list of printers when I go to the print dialog.  When I run the plug & Play basic driver wizard, it stalls at the point where it asks user to connect the device.  Despite the device being connected (and displaying in Printers and Devices) the wizard just hangs at this point, and I have to cancel setup. Please help, I have to have a printer, and the reason why I chose this Laserjet is specifically because it is easy to install.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

My suggestion: try Windows 7 driver from the following link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=439322

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks, but that's the driver that I downloaded already.  When I try to run it, i get this screen HP2.png

I switch the printer on at this stage, having made sure it is connected via USB.  After this point, nothing happens.  The driver does not continue to install, even though the printer is connected (and is displayed in Printers and Devices window).  I have also tried to run a troubleshoot, Windows troubleshoot tells me it doesn't have a driver, but it can't find a driver, even when I manually point it to the folder where I downloaded the driver you suggest.

HP Recommended

Hey Scooby. You wouldnt happen to be using a USB hub would you? If so plug the printer directly into the computer. Id suggest first working through this document to see if you can get it to recongize the printer: 'Device setup failed to complete' or 'Unknown device' Message Displays in Windows during USB Install...

If that does not solve the issue post back with any new details or error you run into and we can go onto some more advanced install options.

Thanks

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi Sean,

No, no USB hub - straight into my laptop.  I'll have a look at the doc, and see what can be done.  I'm so bummed though, because I love that little printer, it's a real little workhorse, and I would hate to have to replace it. 

Cheers

Dionne

HP Recommended

Dionee,

I dont think replacing it is in order quite yet :robotvery-happy: See if the document helps provide a resolution and if not post back with any new details and we can move onto the next step from there.

Thanks!

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello, did this issue ever got resolved? I'm encountering the same issue with Win7 64bit

HP Recommended

Hello paolosiani,

If you having the same issue please reference this document to help you out: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02124639

Let me know how it goes. If you have any further questions, I will be able to assist you.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am trying to get the following driver without success.

http://support.hp.com/es-es/product/HP-LaserJet-1022-Printer-series/439424/model/439431/drivers

Can you please tell me how to find it?

Eugenia

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.