Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You are welcome.  I'm very glad to hear your good news.  For some reason, I didn't receive the private message.  You can send it again if you want.  Don't go to too much trouble though.  Have a nice day !  🙂

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

Hi Rich, I don't know what happened there, but when I checked, there wasn't anything in my "sent" box either - grrrrr as it was a long note. I have resent it and checked that it is in "sent" so you should get it this time.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

I have an HP L7780, but my printer symptoms are exactly the same. The top of the page is missing from the first page of every printout. I checked a photocopy to confirm, and sure its the same. I did a factory reset using the 6 and hash method, that I found on another hp page, but still the same issue. Please can you share the semi reset described in your previous post that seemed to solve this issue? Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi - very frustrating isn't it?! I'm afraid the solution was printer specific and involved the touch screen panel. try and contact Rich1 - he was the one that pointed me in the right direction and he may have access to whats needed for your printer.

HP Recommended

Hi emma23,

Try doing a Hard Reset as described in the following link.  Click Here  Is there any change?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

Hello Rich

I seem to be having the same problem, along with some blurred/misaligned lines; print area is also reset in "fast draft" mode but offset reappears when I go back to "norma"l or "optimal".

Could you share your solution please? I undertake not to publish it.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi goddo,

I have sent the instructions to your HP Forums in box.  Let me know how it goes.

Good Luck !

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

Hi, Please send to my inbox too. The fault with mine is still not resolved. And its so annoying because I have already tried all the "resets" I have found here on the forum.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi Rich,

The semi full reset was a great tip, it fixed the problem! Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Just as well this community is here, since I didn't find anything like this in the HP online support instructions...

Cheers

Goddo

HP Recommended

Hi @goddo ,

I'm glad that worked for you and thanks for the kudos !

Hi @emma23

I have sent the instructions to your private HP forums in box.  Good Luck !

Rich1

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.