Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
F4480
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hello, 

I have taken my printer out of the drawer after many years of not using it and bought new expensive cartridges. I have used the HP disk to install the printer on my iMac with OS 10.12 and my MacBook Pro with OS 10.11 but I am obviously encountering errors due to the old software I own. I checked on the HP site for a new download but was unable to locate the file. 

I would really appreciate any help to get this working before I give up 🙂

Thank you so much for your time and assistance!

Ari

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Aricali,

You can use Apple Software Update (ASU) to update your printer driver for the Deskjet F4480.   You can use the HP Support document located here to complete those steps.

For anyone else who is wondering if their printer is compatible with ASU in OS X 10.10, 10.11 or macOS 10.12, you can visit this document, located your product under the appropriate section, and then follow the guidance from there.

HP Recommended

Hello Tara and thank you so much for you reply. 

Unfortunately on the step you suggested is where I encoutner the following error:

"An error occurred while trying to add the selected device.
0xffffffff"

I am having this issue on the MacBook Pro. I'm going to switch to the iMac (where I actually have been able to use the scanner but not to print....) and see what happens and let you know.

Arianna 

HP Recommended

Well, on the iMac it worked! I deleted the printer following the instructions and added it back. At first I thought I had the same problem but then it started printing! So I'm super happy and thankfull for your help! 

HP Recommended

Woo hoo!  Thanks so much for letting me know - it always makes my day.  Happy printing!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.