Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Picked it up about 3  inches and dropped it on the table. That apparently was enough to jar the print heads and get rid of the error message.

HP Recommended

I had the same the problem.   Banging the printer seemed to release the printer head.  Thank you for the advice.  I hope this will be a long term solution.

HP Recommended

@NoNon-senseMom

Thank you for replying.

Glad that the issue got fixed. You can reach out to HP forum for any issues on your HP products

Have a wonderful day!

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I gave it two good wacks on the side of the printer and viola! It works!!

HP Recommended

@hprater

LOL, Thanks for replying.

Have a nice day, cheers 🙂

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@DavidWL, this was seriously the most helpful thing I've read about this error... I lifted it about an inch off my table and let it drop.... PERFECT. Printed everything I needed it to. THANKS!!!!

HP Recommended

Works perfettamennte I also did so

HP Recommended

Works perfettamennte I also did so

HP Recommended

What do you know after hours of trying I took the 'banging' advice and it now works, for how long is to be seen. Continual problems with this machine ... <frustrating> ... Thanks for the banging suggestion!

HP Recommended

Followed the tip of agitating the print head whilst turning on.  Worked first time.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.