cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MaryClare
4 3 0 1
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Instant Ink Program

HP Recommended

I have just received an email offering me automatic ink replacements as required by my printer at $2.99/mth - 50 page plan:  $4.99/mth - 100 page plan:  $9.99/mth - 300 page plan.

When I tried to take this up I am told it is only available in UK and USA - so why were we sent emails in Australia?

I just tried to buy a black ink and tri-ink high yield cartridge and it is going to cost me minimum $72.63, which is a very substantial difference.

Come on HP - you stuffed up in sending out these emails.  Now you should stand by your error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KAB_11
Level 3
19 18 3 6
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello MaryClare,

I apologize for any confusion regarding the email. There was an error on the part of HP where emails were incorrectly sent. The emails were sent to customers who have an HP Connected account based in the US, but it did not suppress printers located outside the US. And unfortunately, at this time, HP Instant Ink will not function with printers in Australia. HP is looking to expand Instant Ink to more countries, and we will check back in with you once it is available in Australia.

Sincerely,

KAB_11

Although I work on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
7 REPLIES 7
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,519 26,842 2,444 9,254
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Instant Ink Support site here says "HP Instant Ink is currently available in the United States, United Kingdom, France, and Germany. HP Instant Ink Pro is currently available in the United States. We are planning on expanding—so keep checking back for updates on when HP Instant Ink and HP Instant Ink Pro are available in other countries."   I do not have any information on when/if the program will be offered in Australia.

Email is worldwide, you may have purchased a printer and registered it online or in some other way gotten on the Instant Ink mailing list.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

MaryClare
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Appreciate you taking the time to respond, Bob, however the email was sent out world wide and did not clarify it was only available in certain geographical areas.  As you will see from the prices I have quoted, here in Australia we pay substantially more for ink/toner than most overseas countries.  It is then very exasperating to find we are not being offered this service.  

Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,519 26,842 2,444 9,254
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Instant Ink program has been expanding, I would expect it will be offered in more regions but I do not have any information on specifics.  

I will post a request to have someone with insider knowledge of the Instant Ink program to take a look at this thread and see if there is anything they could say about any futures.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

KAB_11
Level 3
19 18 3 6
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello MaryClare,

I apologize for any confusion regarding the email. There was an error on the part of HP where emails were incorrectly sent. The emails were sent to customers who have an HP Connected account based in the US, but it did not suppress printers located outside the US. And unfortunately, at this time, HP Instant Ink will not function with printers in Australia. HP is looking to expand Instant Ink to more countries, and we will check back in with you once it is available in Australia.

Sincerely,

KAB_11

Although I work on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

MaryClare
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you both.  I think what really annoys me most is how economical this program is compared to what we have to pay in Australia - and I have no doubt it will be a lot more expensive when it hits our shores.

I do appreciate you both taking the time to get back to me however.

Best Regards

Mary Grigg

banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,961 88,217 12,302 26,147
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MaryClare wrote:

...  and I have no doubt it will be a lot more expensive when it hits our shores. ...

Hi,

We ALWAYS have to pay higher prices here for everything. Many items are very cheap overseas specially when our dollar at its peak.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
MaryClare
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I just paid $144.36 for 2 XL Cartridges in Tri-Colour and 2 XL Cartridges in Black.  At least I was able to take up the $20 credit card offer for each of these giving me a $40 refund from HP - but still a lot more expensive than what the US and UK people are paying.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation