Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

When I updated to the latest HP driver from the HP Support/Drivers page, my MFP ceased to scan from either a wireless or directly connected setting.  It seems that the if I scan from the bed itself, I can scan when the Print/Scan feels like connected to my Mac, but the real issue is from the Document Feeder.  

I've also updated ALL Apple updates, including the HP Easy Scan app.

When I use the document feeder, the process initiates as it should...the first page scans, but doesn't appear in the HP Scan software...then 10 minutes later, the second page scans (same result...no image)...then I get a document failed to load error or something.  When this occurs...I cannot attempt to scan anything further until I reboot both the MAC and the printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @epbarnett70,

I have gotten some feedback on this issue. Please download and install the HP Easy Scan App to see if that will allow you to scan from the ADF. Use the HP Easy Scan App.

HP Easy Scan
If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Easy Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, open the Presets menu, select Edit Settings, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu.
  • Apple Image Capture
    In the Scan Mode menu, select Document Feeder.
  • HP Scan
    If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, click Scan, click Show Details, select Document from the Type menu, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu.

Let me know outcome. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @epbarnett70,

I read your post and see that you can only scan from the glass and not the ADF since updating the new drivers. I would like to help you out today. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the " "Accept as Solution" " button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. :generic:

Try scanning from the Apple Scanning Software by using Image Capture and the Print and Scan window to see if you have the same results.

I have included a document for uses the Apple Software. Disregard the OS.

HP Printers - Scan Using HP Software (OS X v10.8).

This way we can figure out if it is a software or driver issue.

Please keep me posted. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for the troubleshooting process.  Yes, the Image Capture works with the Document Feeder via wireless network as well as directly connected to Mac via USB.

What does that mean?  Where is the problem?

Thanks!

Eric

HP Recommended

Hi @epbarnett70,

Thanks for letting me know the results. It would appear to be a issue with the HP Scan Software and not the drivers.

Check to make sure the Laserjet is set as the default printer in the Print and Scan window. If it is already, then I would suggest to fully uninstall the printer software and reinstall it again, to see if that fixes the issue if you haven't already. HP Printers - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Mac).

Let me know what the results are. Thank You. :generic:

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I did the full uninstall and full re-install before I came to the board for help.  The timing of the issue occurred either with the OSX upgrade to 10.11 (El Capitan) or with the installation of the updated HP Driver (which I installed shortly thereafter).

I guess I'll just need to use the Apple Image Capture (not my preference, but I can get work done) until the issue is resolved by HP with an update to the driver software or the HP Scan software.

Thanks for your help. Please respond to this thread if you are made aware of those updates and I'll retry.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi @epbarnett70,

I have gotten some feedback on this issue. Please download and install the HP Easy Scan App to see if that will allow you to scan from the ADF. Use the HP Easy Scan App.

HP Easy Scan
If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Easy Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, open the Presets menu, select Edit Settings, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu.
  • Apple Image Capture
    In the Scan Mode menu, select Document Feeder.
  • HP Scan
    If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, click Scan, click Show Details, select Document from the Type menu, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu.

Let me know outcome. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks.  I tried that before and didn't get the same outcome, but now it works as it should.  Thanks for staying with me on this!

Best,

Eric

HP Recommended

Hi @epbarnett70,

Your very welcome. Thanks for letting me know that worked. HP is working on a resolution for the HP Scan Software not being able to scan from the ADF, I will keep you updated when I find out any more information.

{Happy Dance :smileyvery-happy:}

Have a wonderful weekend!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi @epbarnett70,

I just wanted to let you know there is a new firmware available to resolve the ADF scanning issue using El Capitan. You can download the firmware from this link: HP Software Update to address Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) scanning issues with HP LaserJet produ...

Thank you for being patient. :generic:

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.