Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, I cant install drivers on Windows 7. After 5-15 seconds its say Program is not responding. I have this printer installed on my second notebook with OS Windows Vista. But I cant install it on this notebook. Please help me, finding help about one week.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
is there a solution for this one? I have the same problem?>!
HP Recommended

Hello, i have the same problem. Does any of experts care to have a solution for this ??

HP Recommended
Hello kavovnik

Are you also using the same Laserjet m1120 and Windows 7 64bit? If not what operating system and model do you have?
How is the printer connected to the computer? Does the message occur during the installation or during an action such as printing or scanning?
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

1 download the full driver http://driverscollection.com/?file_cid=42250225380231cc72728a8525d

2 extract

3 plugin printer

4 go to device manager, rightclick on printer and install extractred driver.

works for me!

plz let me know,

Kuwerti

HP Recommended

Hello Travis_C , thanks for reply,

i have windows 7  64bit

the error occures during driver installation.

I just tried the advice with full solution but with the same resul. I got the following message:

The installation software is not supported on this OS, or the system does not meet minimum requirements for the installation of this software. Please refer to the product specifications.

The pc is a few months old so i think, id does meet the specs.

Thanks.

HP Recommended
Hello kavovnik

Was this the driver you tried to install: HP LaserJet Hostbased Print/Scan Plug and Play Drivers? The driver I linked is for your printer when using Windows 7 64bit.

What model is your computer or what hardware does it have? Is it a desktop or a laptop?
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

BUG IN 64-bit INSTALLATION (Windows 7 64-bit).

After a few seconds installation, program stops responding.

After that you can find in C:\Program Files\HP following subfolders:

C:\Program Files\HP\HP LaserJet M1120 MFP Series\HP\HP LaserJet M1120 MFP Series\HP\HP LaserJet M1120 MFP Series ...

and when replication of installation files reaches of the limit for the folder path, windows stops responding.

I was testing this on many computers.

wrong version is 20080808 (28 Mar 2013) ... HP LaserJet Hostbased Print/Scan Plug and Play Drivers

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3447597&...

Dear HP Experts, fix your setup, please.

HP Recommended

Got same issue in win 7 32-bit version .. Plug n plaz error or in case of FULL seup , if only 10mb driver installation stops in 40% aproximatelly ..  i used m1120 on same PC but vista 32 bit and after format and win 7 install got this problem. 

I think, some person should fix those drivers, there are thousands of ppl having same issue. 

Thanks HP for wasting my time. Can i send you bill ?  

if anyone knows how to help, i can give you distant control, you can try to fix it .

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi Forum

I have the same issue on a fully updated version of Win 7 SP1 Pro 64bit.  The printer worked fine on Win XP SP3. Having now upgraded to Win7 it would be nice if the printer also can be installed.

Obviously there is something wrong in the SETUP.Exe program-

Please fix asap.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.