Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP officejet 4500 wireless. Operating system is Windows 7. I can't find disc to reinstall or print. Printer won't recognise PC. Help!

The printer was previously installed with no problems and worked great but after having to reset my router yesterday the printer won't find the pc and vice versa.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Since the router was reset, the printer has lost connection to the network.

Hence first press the setup (wrench) icon and navigate to wireless and run the wireless setup wizard. Once you successfully run that, the printer should join the network.

If the router has assigned the same ip address to the printer, you could be able to print right away.

However, if you are still not able to print. I would recomment to download the basic driver only from www.hp.com/go/support

and start the installation.

HP Recommended

I trouble with my internet yesterday and when it finally reset my wireless printer won't print from desktop only laptop. What's going on?

HP Recommended

If you are unable to print from your desktop, please follow the instructions in the link below for additional troubleshooting steps.

--Can't Print?--

If that does not work, I will need to know a lot of information before I can be of much assistance.

1.  What is the operating system of the desktop (example: Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Mac OS 10.8, etc)?

2.  How is the printer connected (USB, wireless, or Ethernet)?

3.  Have you tried the HP Print and Scan Dr?

I have a lot more questions but it is all based on how you answer these.  The document I provided is very thorough.  I hope it helps!

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended
Go to the HP Support and Drivers. I will give the link down below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3986399

And then install the software and also the connection from there.
HP Recommended

I am unable to print anything or even find my exact printer in any files/documents that I have.

What can I do?

HP Recommended

Hello Dorothy777,

Welcome to the ForumsSmiley Happy

I noticed your post about your Officejet 4500 Wireless not printing and that you are unable to locate the printer. I would like to help you, however first I will need some more information from you to better research this issue and assist.

Please respond to me with the following:

Which operating system are you running? Windows or Mac

If you happen to be running a Windows OS, try running the Print and Scan Doctor for Windows.

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Regards,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I have an office jet 4500 all in one. It stop printing. It goes slow and prints out blank paper. It has ink it. What can I do?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.