Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks for help....oiled parts and printer stopped squeaking...thanks so muc for help..Joan OC

HP Recommended

Nobody has  yet posted the fix for this so i thought I better as mine has started doing it too. Mine is the HP Officejet 6500A Plus but the principle will still work with others.

When you have decide that the squeek is coming from the Print Head not the rollers ( print several blank pages in word and as the print head does not move then  if the squeek stops then its the head )

1: open the top of the machine as if you are changing cartridges

2: let the head position in the middle of the opening

3: GENTLY   push the head all the way to the left side 

4: get WD40 and spray onto tissue/kitchen paper and wipe the chrome round bar the head slides on

5: DO NOT SPRAY WD40 EVERYWHERE INSIDE THE PRINTER !

6: Now repeat but pinch the chrome bar in thumb and forefinger and rotate it 1/4 turn and apply WD40 on tissue

7: Repeat  2 more times You will find that  the paper will blacken a little this is what is causing the squeek (ink mist)

8: slide the head all the way to the right now and repeat  4 thru 7 again.

9 final thing  i did was to insert carefully a paper sheild under the chrome rod and put up against the print head

where the rod enters it then apply a VERY MINIMAL amount of WD40 to the rod/hole junction  replace the sheild on the     other side and do the same.

10: Slide the head left /right a few times then clean off any over spray (IF ANY ) from surrounding area do not wipe the             chrome bar leave oily. dont get WD40 on the tiny grey encoder ribbon this decides where the head is positioned

11: close the lid down and let the printer reset the head.

Print a few pages and you will find the screech has gone  it is the dried ink mist on the rail that maked the head judder at very hi rate sounding like a squeek. The main thing is rotating the chrome slide rail to ensure you clean and lube all the way round it .

Hope this helps everyone I have had a lot of mileage out of mine and know others who have put hundreds of thousands of pages through theirs without problems just keep it clean use good ink and quality paper.

Marconi2

HP Recommended

From reading all the postings here concerning "squeaking noise" of the 6600 printer, I guess my only choice is to buy a new printer  . . .and it sure will not be a H/P printer.

This is ridulous and very poor customer support.

HP Recommended

Pretty much. I ended up trashing the printer after support was useless. I still have an old as dirt HP Deskjet that is running fine and another OfficeJet that seems to be ok as well, but it was easier to just trash the bad printer and replace it than "fix it."

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.