Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

SOLVED!

HP please investigate this and issue a patch to fix ASAP.

It appears that connecting this printer to a router which supports WPA and WPA2 in it's wireless security settings can cause issues when trying to connect from a PC on the network.  From my experience this is periodic - sometimes the printer will be able to access the internet, sometimes the PC will be able to connect to the printer but this was really only occasionally.

To solve ths issue login to your router and change the security setting to WPA only and then reconnect the printer and any other wireless devices.  The printer can then be discovered from the Printers and Devices menu automatically and installed on any other PC without issue.

I think there must be a bug in the WPA/WPA2 code that the printer uses as it really struggles when working over wireless with my PC's.  For reference my router is a BT HomeHub 2 and my PC's all run Windows 7.  I can replicate this issue by switching back to using WPA/WPA2 security on the router.

HP Recommended

Whenever I type in the IP address, I just get an message stating the page couldn't be loaded.  I'm having the same problem that the person from this thread is having and I don't know what to do to fix it. 

HP Recommended

I would start by restoring network defaults on the front panel of the printer and using the wireless setup wizard to set it back up again and then print a network configuration page to confirm the IP address and go from there.  Let me know how it goes!

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

Thank you so much VisionAiry, you solved my problems and alot of annoying hours. Thanks to giving my lovly printer back to life.

Again, thank you for taking the time for ous inkompetent office workers.

The greatest thanks from Sweden,

Samuel Gustafsson 

HP Recommended

:catwink:

Aww shucks, it was nothing really, just doing my job lol except fo free, Mr Office worker. Much abliged.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.