Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. I will run through the process again. I downloaded the software and right clicked on it and specified run as administrator at each step.

HP Recommended

Ran through the whole process again the error is still there and occurs at the third scan (twain scan???)

HP Recommended

Sorry... I can't help you further.

HP Recommended

I finally found a solution for the problem I was having with my Photosmart C4385 on Windows 7 ... I bought a MacBook Pro. 😄

HP Recommended

SOLUTION FOUND! (to my particulair problem)

I have an HP 5590 scanjet and stated getting the "APPCRASH" message with no scan produced (WIN7 Ultimate 64bit, although the scanjet program and dreivers are locatesd in the "Program Files (x86)" folder.

Program was working Ok, then somehow the scan preview window got shrunk from being full open - scan no longer worked and couldn't maximize the window when opening theprogam normally.

Went into "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin directory, opened some .exe files (hpqacdse,hpiscnapp,etc.) until I got a scan preview window which I could maximize. After maximizing and closing, scan program works normally.

HP Recommended

Tried this without any sucess at all. Problem still exists. Solution seems to be buy anything but HP.

HP Recommended

As nearly as I can tell from reading through this thread, this problem has been with us for several years. Is there any way to get someone from HP involved in finding a solution?

HP Recommended

My System:

Windows 8.1 x64, Scanjet 8250, using HP Scanjet 14.5 software from the Scanjet 8270 Windows 8.0 (x64) download area.

My Error: hp scan resources stopped working

Error in my Windows 8.1 Event Viewer was:

Faulting application name: hpqkygrp.exe, version: 14.0.1.41, time stamp: 0x5029b3e0
Faulting module name: hpgt82.dll, version: 1.0.2012.621, time stamp: 0x4fe2ce6c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0001e690
Faulting process id: 0x2250
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf4dfb91a4021c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqkygrp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Hewlett-Packard\Scanjet\DriverStore\hpgt82.dll
Report Id: 0263dcb7-b9f0-11e3-80f5-00197ef3cddc
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

How I finally got it work: 

(1) uninstall all HP programs, 

(2) delete all HP directories in C:/Program Files (x386)/HP, C:/Program Files (x386)/Hewlett-Packard, C:/Program Files (x386)/Common Files/HP, C:/Program Files (x386)/Common Files/Hewlett-Parkard, C:/user/<yourusername>/AppData/Local/HP, C:/user/<yourusername>/AppData/Roaming/HP, C:/ProgData/HP, etc.

(3) deleting registry keys (run regedit) for HKEY_Current_user/Software/HP, etc, and HKEY_local_machine/Software/HP, HewlettPackard,..

(4) Reinstall setup_full_8270_14-5.exe  (from HP Scanjet 8270 drivers support page for Windows 8.0), but I did not connect the USB cable from scanner to the computer when asked. Instead, I let all the software installation complete. 

(5) Rebooted my computer

(6) Connected the scanner via USB cable. Windows will search for the drivers and it seems to find the correct x64 drivers from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Hewlett-Packard\Scanjet\DriverStore\x64. You can check Device Manager | Imaging devices | hp Scanjet 8200 series (double click) | Drivers Tab | Driver Details button. Then go to C:\Windows\System32\ and check that the files have the sane sizes and dates as the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Hewlett-Packard\Scanjet\DriverStore\x64

FINALLY THE LAST STEP (#7 BELOW) WHICH YOU SHOULD TRY FIRST:

(7) Probably the most important step, and probably the only step needed, right click on the "HP Scanning (8200 Series)" Shortcut Icon on the desktop, and choose properties. On the compatibility tab, choose "Run this program in compatibility mode for: "Windows 7" .

Good Luck!

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

For the few people out there still using the HPC7280 like I do, here's a quick one-byte patch to solve that annoying hpiscnapp.exe crash on Windows 7 64-bit, pointing to module hpotiop5.dll. The crash happens when the scanner is connected via WiFi.

Warning!! This will only fix the original problem reported in this thread, not the many other issues reported.

To know whether the fix is applicable make sure the hpotiop5.dll version matches 100.0.272.0 in the event viewer log:

Faulting application name: hpiscnapp.exe, version: 13.0.0.131, time stamp: 0x4a0c0809
Faulting module name: hpotiop5.dll, version: 100.0.272.0, time stamp: 0x47d1de66
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00041ef8
Faulting process id: 0x1b34
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce96c6f08cd3ab
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpiscnapp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotiop5.dll

If the version matches and you have experience the reported crash,  open C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotiop5.dll in your favorite hex editor and change byte at offset 16e44 from value 0x75 to value 0xeb.

(if the value is not equal to 0x75 don't change anything! Your version is not right and the fix will not work for you).

This will work around a scanner session management bug in the driver.

Some extra background:
The bug is in how hpotiop5.dll closes the scanner session without properly checking if there are other references to the session. I saw they fixed it in the more recent 64-bit version of the dll that comes natively with Windows 7 64-bit, but apparently it was never fixed in the 32-bit C7280 driver package on the HP site.
Found this out by enabling logging via creation of the following registry keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Hewlett-Packard\ScanJet\Tulip\{EE9B6788-0750-4051-983A-F47CCD90D11B}]
"LogEnabled"=dword:00000001
"LogLevel"=dword:ffffffff
"LogDestination"=dword:ffffffff
"LogFile"="C:\\HPLog\\hpotiop5.log"

It gives very useful info on what the hpotiop5.dll is doing.

This patch is just a quick work-around and not a full fix of the faulty behavior.
So use at your own risk and you know what you are doing (make backups of any files you are changing!), but I'm now happily scanning wirelessly with my HPC7280 on windows 7 64-bit.

Best Regards,
The BugFixer.

HP Recommended

comment réactiver le hp scan ? et ou vont les fichiers scannés ?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.